Thread: flush kit

Default flush kit

Brian, can you describe the flush kit that is avaliable on the 04 mobius lsv. my concern is if there is enough room for the flush kit, and water strainer, to make them both user friendly in the mobius v-drive setup. any pictures avaliable?

Also how does the mooma factory wire the tower speakers, I will be adding my own speakers and it looks like the wireing could be very tough to get it in the tower, I am finializing my order soon and any input would be appriciated.
    04 Mobius LSV w/320

Hey, just got my Moomba and added tower speakers myself. My dealer here prewired the speakers for about $50, this included a thru-hull quick connect, the wires and drilling the tower. So the factory system has the quick connect right by the passenger side windshield, they then run the wires thru the tower and drill holes on either side for each speker. For me it is well worth $50 not to drill thru the hull.

Default tower speakers

noneya, did you get the kenwood stereo if so what model # did you get?
    also what brand and model of tower speakers did you get and did you amp them?
    one more, did you upgrade your battery or alternator?
    04 Mobius LSV w/320

Default tower speakers

Kent and Carol, myself and a friend built our own tower-mounted speaker enclosures--each holds 4 speakers. I used 2 Sony 6x9's 3-ways and 2 6.5" Pioneer 2-ways in the box. I used 2 amplifiers, one for each set of speakers and I did my own wiring. I was also able to use the stock alternator, but I will be upgrading this as time and money allow (I have a 2000 Moomba Kamberra). The sound is great--everyone can hear us coming a quarter-mile away. Even the boarder/skier has a great time!

Default tower speakers

Kent and Carol, myself and a friend built our own tower-mounted speaker enclosures--each holds 4 speakers. I used 2 Sony 6x9's 3-ways and 2 6.5" Pioneer 2-ways in the box. I used 2 amplifiers, one for each set of speakers and I did my own wiring. I was also able to use the stock alternator, but I will be upgrading this as time and money allow (I have a 2000 Moomba Kamberra). The sound is great--everyone can hear us coming a quarter-mile away. Even the boarder/skier has a great time!

I didnt upgrade the stereo, I belieev it is a Kenwood w/ hte MP3 player ('03 Outback LS), I made 2 enclosures out of 6" dia PVC pipe and put in 2 6 1/2" Sony X-plodes, used some standard pipe clamps. I was able to find an Alpine 150 w amp on sale over the holidays. So the amp+speakers+enclosures cost me about $200, + the wiring of the tower. I also have an 8" bazooka amplified subwoofer and I have not upgraded the alt or battery. I was just reading a thread on wakeworld or wakeboarder .com about having the alt rewound for higher amps, maybe cheaper than getting a new one. Just make sure you keep it marine grade, dont want to blow your new boat!

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewto...ight=altenator

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...921/64462.html

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...919/44458.html

$50 to have the wiring done is a great deal.

A buddy and myself added the wiring through the tower. It took some time but we got it done in a couple hours. Drilling through the boat was not really that bad, you want to place some masking tape on the gel coat where your gonna drill. This is suppose to help keep the hole drilled nice and clean. Running the 2nd speaker wire took much more patience than the first. If I were plannning to run more than 2 speakers on the tower I would for sure have a stereo shop do the work.

I picked up a pair of Fluid Concepts tower speakers. I think they are pretty great tower speakers myself and they look pretty cool in my opinion. They also make some very nice board racks which is actually how I found the company in the first place.

You want to use an amp for sure on the tower speakers. I was using (until it got stolen a few weeks ago) a Sony Xplode 4 channel amp 800 watts. I used two channels for the tower speakers and the other two channels bridged for the Kicker 10" sub. This along with the 4 speakers my boat came with sounded wonderful.

Also I have not done any battery or alternator upgrading. The system has worked fine for over 2 years. It is not a bad idea to add a second battery though with a selector switch.

Goodluck
    Richard
    2001 Mobius