Thread: boat shower?

Default boat shower?

I have been thinking of adding a shower to my ls and wondered if anybody had one factory installed or do it your self. It would be really nice for the early season riding and late fall already have the heater and could never have a boat without that. Anybody have some thoughts for me? I'm looking at about 500 installed or very possibily doing it myself. thanks

chris
    CS

Chris,
    Scroll down the page about 10 topics, you'll find my post on the boat shower. Here's a link to an excellent how-to article on the same shower from the WakeWorld website.

http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2003/shower.asp

Brian

Brian

Thanks sorry didnt even do a search or pay attention to your orig. post dah. I remember reading that wakeworld article it is really good.Did you put a switch on your pump or do you let it run to pressure all the time? I'm glad it has a high wife acceptance factor mine thinks I a little off when it comes to boat toys. She originally thought a heater was nuts proved way wrong.

chris
    CS

Chris,
    There are 2 accessory rocker switches on my dash, I wired it to one of those. Good luck with your installation.

Brian

Brian,

thanks for the response I used my 2 extra dash switches one for tower lite bar and the other for my amp switching for my tower spks. i trip a 12vlt relay with each one. Does the shower pump run all the time when it is hard wired to maintain pressure even when not in use or does it shut down? I quess i dont want to add a switch because it will always be an aftermarket switch in the dash unless i install it behind my obs.seat.

chris
    CS

Chris,
    From what Dave Williams said, it's best to have the pump on a switch. I leave the switch on when I'm on the water and turn it off when I'm done. Other wise it would keep pressure in the line and would run if any water leaked out, burning up the motor. I wonder if it's possible to buy more rocker switches from Moomba to keep a stock appearance....provided there's room on the dash for them.

Brian

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Shower switch

There is a new style switch (added in '04) for shower only. I t is a neatly profiled switch, with a breaker, that can neatly be installed aft, and controlled by the user, not the driver, for convenience of both. These switch panels can be purchased through your local dealer. Brian Raymond

Brian R. thanks for the info on the new switch I think I will follow up on that. Brian (waterboy) thanks again for your help and input.

chris
    CS

Sweet! I might get one myself....thanks Brian.

Brian