Default Can't turn right

Suddenly my '03 LSV won't turn to the right. Left is fine, but if you turn the steering wheel all the way to the right, the rudder stops at almost exactly parallel to the boat. The rudder can be manually moved farther, but the steering wheel does not turn when you do this. Any ideas?

Sorry, no help, but I think Zoolander had the same problem.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

At the end of last season, I had the problem where it was difficult to turn the wheel at all. It was like driving a car without power steering. We had the dealer replace the cable, and everything was fine. This is different. The wheel turns very easily. When you turn it to the left, it works great. When you turn it to the right, the wheel turns easily, but the rudder stops after it comes back to parallel. The wheel will continue to turn easily, but it has no effect on the rudder.

the clamp by the rudder loose?
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

It might be. Is there any way to see that stuff without taking out the ski lockers, floor, etc? That is what caused me to take it to the dealer last time. It seems a little intimidating to dismantle the back half of my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by jroberts View Post
    It might be. Is there any way to see that stuff without taking out the ski lockers, floor, etc? That is what caused me to take it to the dealer last time. It seems a little intimidating to dismantle the back half of my boat.
    All you should have to remove is the black panel on the port (left) side between the rear compartment and the engine compartment. I am also wondering if the "ball joint" (not sure what it is called) where the cable attaches to a bracket just in fron of the rudder has fallen off. It seems that if it has the boat would turn left due to the fact that the cable is being pulled on a left turn and pushed on a right turn (wait I think that is backwards...anyway, you need to check it).

There is a 4 bolt (it think) block that has a ball protruding from a stringer that is the rear attach point for the cable to mid rudder assembly. It may have simply rattled the bolts loose and fallen off. If you can get the panel pulled (should be just 3 screws) give me a call and I will walk you through the rest. I have my boat at home now. Summer is over for me
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

The only reason you may have to remove the floor is if you determine that the cable has gone bad. Again, this is an easy task. There are only about 12-15 screws holding the floor in place.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Does this mean your boat is an "ambi-turner"?

That sounds like a military solution.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!