Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Skiers Choice

An interesting thread and an interesting discussion.

Here is what I know. Skier's Choice has no intention to change its name. Not Surfer's Choice. Not Skurfer's Choice. Not Boarder's Choice.

The Moomba Outback V is a fantastic new boat. It is heavier than the previous model.
    It does have the potential to produce a better wakeboarding and wakesurfing wake.
    It also has the ability to cross-over to a ski boat, though it won't be as small of a wake table as the current model.

Web site 2009? Probably on Friday of this week. Now, I hate to say it. Because you guys will tear through it before we have worked out all the bugs. Or some crazy developmental nightmare will show up and it won't post until the following week.

But... fingers crossed ... the 2009 Moomba site will post very shortly.

To the first poster ... end the speculation ... life is good at Moomba. The LSV is the single most popular model in the inboard market. The marine market is tough. But Skier's CHoice, both Moomba and Supra brands, are healthy.

Sled491 Guest

I guess I'll say it again. Maybe the best thing to do for us skiers is to hang onto our Outbacks or Boomerangs, and buy a second boat. Plenty of used XLV and LSV's out there. This could go the other way as well, buy your new XLV or LSV and buy an used Outback.

Funny thing is we bought our Outback because the water in front of our place is very shallow and I wanted the smallest draft possible, but wanted a V drive not knowing any better at the time. Now I wouldn't give up my Outback for anything. But as my kids and I want to explore other watersports activities such as Surfing and such the appeal of the V drive returns hence the need for 2 boats. Maybe SC can create some sort of mutiple boat owner program ha ha.

Joe good to see you again.

"To the first poster ... end the speculation ... life is good at Moomba. The LSV is the single most popular model in the inboard market. The marine market is tough. But Skier's CHoice, both Moomba and Supra brands, are healthy."

I heard or read somewhere that the lsv was the best selling inboard of all brands at this time. Glad to hear its true.

Any word yet where Skiers Choise placed as far as sales go for 08?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Smile Third

Malibu, MasterCraft, Skier's Choice.

In 2009 Supra has moved ahead of Tige in total unit sales and is closing in on Centurion.

Moomba remains the fourth largest independent brand.

All of that said, we are a lot less concerned with where we are finishing then how well we are doing with our current customers. We are really proud of our participation at the WWA World Championships. We are excited to have our hands in nine different owner's reunions around the country (had only 2 3-years ago). We've strengthened our warranties. Did our first 'owner's only' nationwide sales event. And for the 200 or so owner's who have participated in our product development research, I hope you all have seen that we have used your input to improve the quality and features on our boats.

The goal isn't world domination. Though we wouldn't be disappointed if that was the outcome.

"The Moomba Outback V is a fantastic new boat. It is heavier than the previous model.
    It does have the potential to produce a better wakeboarding and wakesurfing wake.
    It also has the ability to cross-over to a ski boat, though it won't be as small of a wake table as the current model."

I gotta say I am bummed about hearing that. I was excited for the 09 to come out, but the first bit of information focussed almost soley on its wake.

I understand that slalom skiing seems like a dying religion to the modern world, but there are those of us out here that truely are looking for that V-drive with great slalom wakes and introductory style wakeboard wakes.

If Moomba wanted a surfing wake, why not keep it on the Mobius side and leave the Outback devoted to the slalom families. Now it looks like for 09, Moomba makes 4 wakeboarding boats and 1 slalom ski boat.

I guess I am at a loss when it comes to what the market research is telling Skier's Choice, but it seems like everytime I come on here everyone wants a V-drive with some great slalom characteristics and according to you this boat is heavier and will have a larger slalom wake than previous Outback V's.

There is no incentive for the slalom families to trade their 06 or 08 Outback V in for the 09 becauses they would give up wake quality.

Sorry everyone for being so negative. I guess I am just one bummed out Moomba fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsZ View Post
    That's a good analogy. Whenever we go out in the Moomba we go skiing. When we invite people out with us we invite then skiing. In our house it is almost a generic turn for doing stuff behind the boat. Actually skiing is usually "going through the course".

I guess it is like when I ask for a Coke but really just want a "soda".

When we ask people to go. Its do you want to go boating.... or do you want to go BOARDING. Dont own a ski so not much point is asking them to go skiing?

The only thing I see is odd to me about the new outback V is this... fully loaded... why not just buy an LSV? Looks like very small seperation between them if you ask me. Looked at Both 09 outback and LSV at Marine Products and still would buy the LSV for the money its the better buy if you load the outback.

Quote Originally Posted by gcombe74 View Post
    When we ask people to go. Its do you want to go boating.... or do you want to go BOARDING. Dont own a ski so not much point is asking them to go skiing?

The only thing I see is odd to me about the new outback V is this... fully loaded... why not just buy an LSV? Looks like very small seperation between them if you ask me. Looked at Both 09 outback and LSV at Marine Products and still would buy the LSV for the money its the better buy if you load the outback.

ditto that one.

keep in mind some lakes have a length restriction and the lsv is to big, but the outback v fits those requirments.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    keep in mind some lakes have a length restriction and the lsv is to big, but the outback v fits those requirments.

Around here... (in UT) its either a full blown lake or a pond. So it motor or no motor. It might be the only time that size does not matter that I can think of? LOL

REALLY DISAPPOINTED that on the new web site launched yesterday, for the Outback V, they don't show the "ski wake" photo/video, like they do with the Outback and LS. Despite describing it as a multi-sport boat. SCMarketing, you've weighed in on this thread. What gives? Does this further substantiate the tongue in cheek original thread post about the V crossing solidly over to the board/surf camp?
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate