Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

flip up bow light, how tough was that? and cost? I have smashed one already, and at $35/pop, would make sense to replace..

I like the idea on the transom light, but supra's have an outlet near the rear cupholders and that's on the wrong side to be using a pump to fill up a surfsac unless you are goofy footed, so probably not going to do.

def. like the re-positioned ballast switches. may do that one as well. a nice stainless plate would fill the hole nicely. can't cost more than $20 to get a shop to cut one up nice, or maybe a piece of carbon? would also make a nice place to store a few cd's, since our deck is at the drivers seat. maybe a cubby out of a car?

I want to find the metal plates that some boats use on the side so you are standing on them when accessing the tower as opposed to standing on the gelcoat, but again, a good winter project.

There was a thread a few months ago about different step pads. Some were pretty cool.

As for me- I had no tower so I added that and the tower speakers and had to redo most of the interior vinyl, replace the platform pad with gator grip and make my bimini work. I also had to replace a trailer. My winter projects include pop-up cleats and working out my ballast. No sick mods for me till next year.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    flip up bow light, how tough was that? and cost? I have smashed one already, and at $35/pop, would make sense to replace..

I like the idea on the transom light, but supra's have an outlet near the rear cupholders and that's on the wrong side to be using a pump to fill up a surfsac unless you are goofy footed, so probably not going to do.

def. like the re-positioned ballast switches. may do that one as well. a nice stainless plate would fill the hole nicely. can't cost more than $20 to get a shop to cut one up nice, or maybe a piece of carbon? would also make a nice place to store a few cd's, since our deck is at the drivers seat. maybe a cubby out of a car?

I want to find the metal plates that some boats use on the side so you are standing on them when accessing the tower as opposed to standing on the gelcoat, but again, a good winter project.
    The flip-up light wasn't that hard to do. Short version; Remove the old one, position template, drill & cutout HUGE hole, screw in new light and plug in. About 2 hours or so.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz, didn't you post step by steps instructions for the bow light on here somewhere?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moombabound View Post
    Ingenious! Where'd you get it? Quick Google for weatherproof 12V plug didn't really nail it down.

PS (Buddy ran two seasons on Malibu VTX before he noticed the 12V outlet tucket into the rear corner of the side cupholder area. Attn: SC...good idea).

And Razz, great thread.
    Moombabound,

That was where I was going to put the 12V initially, near the rear cupholders, until I thought of using the light pole plug. The hole and the wiring was already there, so it was a no brainer. And you get to use the Nav/Anc switch on the dash as an on/off switch for the outlet. I plug my Tsunami pump into it when filling the surf sac - works great.

I got it at the local boat dealer but it's a pretty standard plug. I don't know that it's weather proof but the simple cap has kept any water out.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Al, how do you like those tower speakers ?-ive been looking at those
    I like them a lot but I'm not one to crank the tunes so that that my rider can hear it 75' back. I put them on mainly to be able to hear the tunes while hanging out in the water behind the boat while at anchor. They are compact and do not get in the way of the factory bimini and does not add a whole bunch of weight to the tower (important when you put the tower up and down by yourself like I do). And they come with the same polk speakers as what I put in the boat.

Below is a pic of them coexisting with the bimini in the fully extended position.

Al

Last edited by cab13367; 09-24-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I like the idea on the transom light, but supra's have an outlet near the rear cupholders and that's on the wrong side to be using a pump to fill up a surfsac unless you are goofy footed, so probably not going to do..
    Actually, the cord on the Tsunami is plenty long to reach over to the other side and it would not work too well if you had it on the same side as the side the bag is because if the bag is in the ski locker, opening the ski locker door impedes access to the plug. I also use it to air tubes up on the sun pad.

I'm holding out for some kind of a flip down cubby or tray that I can put my sunglasses, keys, and wallet in. Know of any? The glove box seems to be always full with the guests stuff.

I want to find the metal plates that some boats use on the side so you are standing on them when accessing the tower as opposed to standing on the gelcoat, but again, a good winter project
    I'm always barefoot when I stand on the transom to access the boards, rope, etc. Isn't everybody? And I have guests hand me their sandals before coming on board.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    I'm always barefoot when I stand on the transom to access the boards, rope, etc. Isn't everybody? And I have guests hand me their sandals before coming on board.
    Exactly! That is also my oldest Grandsons job, shoe & sandal monitor! As he always goes out with us he took on that task on his own.
    2007 Mobius LSV

So far I've upgraded my ballast with 750s in the rear and plumbed in the intergrated bow sack.

Perko inline engine flush

Faria depth finder with water and air temps

Seadek pad

I have a set of Wetsounds Pro80s waiting to be installed.

Winter projects will be a full stereo install with 2nd battery and whatever else I come up with.