Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by KurtL View Post
    Sounds great! Let me know when you'll be in the area.
    Wont be until Late July next year I have to go to the EAst Coast to meet the wifes Family 18 Years together and I have avoided the trip so now I must go and waste two weeks of great skiing
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.

KurtL,
    Were you able to resolve your water issue? I was prepping my boat for it's winter slumber and also found a signifcant amount of water under my ski locker. I tried pointing the bow up the drive but was unable to get any water to drain to the rear. It's a 05 LSV so I'm not sure if there's a access hole to the front bilge. Any advise would be appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Iowa05LSV

Get yourself a wetvac and suck it out.

On my boat with the rear plug out I stopped up a hill and waited for water to stop draining out and let the front locker dry out in my driveway. When I took the boat back to the storage area where I keep it I had maybe half a gallon of water back in the front locker. Whipped out the wetvac and sucked that out. I am thinking if I had looked in my bilge when it was in my driveway I would have seen a little bit of water that made it's way back to the front when I drove it back and I probably could have wet vac'd it out.

Why don't they put a 2nd bilge up front? They could plumb it right next to the ballest drainage. That hole leading back to the back bilge doesn't work well.

Wet Vac makes perfect sense but how do you get to the water? Just to be clear the issue isn't the water in the locker, but under the locker. Is there an access panel you're using or did you drill a hole in the bottom of your ski locker to access the area underneath?

Some of the water is slowly seeping through the patch holes in the bottom of the ski locker (I suspect those are from the foam injection holes mentioned in other threads) but I don't believe it's enough to drain the area and prevent freezing.

Thanks
    Iowa05LSV

Iowa

Check out the post under service & repair - ski locker -where I have similar pictures to yours. Similar experience except you could actually see the water coming back up through the "hole" in the bottom of the ski locker. My boat is at the dealer now and they are sending to a body shop to have it "repaired".

KurtL or silverski - either of you get resolution on this issue? I saw today that I have a similar issue. It presents itself more like KurtL's issue than Silverski's but just wondering how this turned out for you.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by KurtL View Post
    Sorry for the panic! Updated over night lows revised to the mid thirties. Highs in the mid seventies.
    What??? mid thirties??? Is that abnormal for this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    What??? mid thirties??? Is that abnormal for this time of year?
    You probably did not notice that the post was dated 09/28/2008.
    _________
    09 OB V