Default 6'4", 300#'s, 40 years old,5' Liquid Force Board, Up on First Try

I am hooked. We left our '02 Grilliobious LSV home and went out on a friends new to him '04 LSV. 59 degree water/air, river to ourselves and a blast. I was able to move around on the board and get some slack but I had to keep the rope.

My wife also got up on her first try a few weeks ago and she tossed the rope in this weekend.

I looks like I have here support to add ballast, perfect pass and a heat to my boat. ( I can use the heater to keep the buns warm, for the meat on the grill) I am going to have to move the grill so I can surf up to it and flip the dogs.

I did have trouble driving my buddies boat. He just got into surfing and I was supposed to be his driver, I tried but I sucked eggs. He had about 1,000 pounds of in the drivers side engine locker and nothing else but people around the boat. The boat pointed straight up and wanted to pull so hard to the right I kept pulling him up on the wrong side of the boat. I felt like such a goober. I don't like not seeing were I can go. I did get him up a few times and he had a good surf without the handle but boy he was a whipped puppy. Sorry again John.

Try a very soft hit with the steering turned all the way to the side the surfer is on. That should keep them on the correct side of the wake. Also, adding weight to the surfer side in the bow of the boat will make the wake longer, thus giving your surfer a bigger sweet spot.

Sled491 Guest

Less time flipping Brats, more time flipping the throttle

Thanks for the advice, nothin worst then not giving your buddy a good pull. His wife won't drive and he likes to surf. I agree with the bow weight. Right know he just wants a ton of ballast in the rear. With his set up we were right on the swim platform when we surfed. Is this fairly normal?

Sled,
    I promise to grill less and throttle more.

"I am going to have to move the grill so I can surf up to it and flip the dogs."

Good stuff! Get some brats or Italian sausage though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post
    Thanks for the advice, nothin worst then not giving your buddy a good pull. His wife won't drive and he likes to surf. I agree with the bow weight. Right know he just wants a ton of ballast in the rear. With his set up we were right on the swim platform when we surfed. Is this fairly normal?
    No. This is a function of having all the weight in the back. More weight in the middle/front of the boat equals a less steep but longer wave. Also, what speed where you going? On our '06 LSV, 10 - 10.5 seems to be ideal.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

We were going about 8.5 mph. My first experience with Perfect Pass and I am going to put it in my boat.