Default Canadian style...late season

Can chill the air, but can't cool the passion in the kid!

'07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Sled491 Guest

Wink

That's great. How did you do that, just throw the towel back to him? What you need is a shower and a volunteer to stand on the ski platform and hose him down with nice warm water!

Hey all!

Awesome picture!!!! I wish someone had pulled our camera out of the bag that was sitting at my feet!

We took the Moomba out for the first time in a few weeks. Stupid tropical storms and hurricanes had us on edge. OK we had a blast, I drove, Eliza kneeboarded for miles and MrsZ and Zachary surfed like pros. Both of them tossed the rope in the boat and then they just kept going and going and going. The only issues we had were the stupid weeds that are overtaking the lake!

Sled491 Guest

Z just tie a pc of chain behind your boat. Hook one end on the Port side stern ring and the other on the Starboard side stern ring. No just drag the chain around the lake for a while. Vula, no more weeds. Oh, just one thing, don't get caught doing this by the DNR. Apperently it's a big no no.

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    That's great. How did you do that, just throw the towel back to him? What you need is a shower and a volunteer to stand on the ski platform and hose him down with nice warm water!
    Sled,

Ya, he looked pretty cold back there. Tossed him a towel.

And good suggestion; or maybe a construction style blast furnace strapped to the sun deck? The swim platform should hold 4 propane tanks. Plus that adds extra ballast. Yep, then we're good till the ice forms! Maybe I can get a research grant.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Sled491 Guest

Hey your Canadian, they'll give grants for great ideas like that no problem. My sister lives in Ottawa, I'll get her to go down and pick up the check for you!

Hold on Sled, I was thinking state-side would be the best bet for a grant. Just two days ago, the Fed said they'd absorb $500 Billion in bad US debt, so I figure...what's another $10K to help a poor Moomba owner prevent frosting the ornaments?!
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

Sled491 Guest

My point exactely, I can't afford as a US Tax Payer to absorb another 10k. But Canada is just plugging along, you from the west with all your fancy oild fields and tar sands!

OK, I'll clam up on it. Yes, we have been fortunate not to have felt the effect locally (yet?) to the extent I read about the situation south. Tragic it is.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate

zegm,

That post basically justifies your choosing an LS. Sounds like it fulfills your surfing needs as well as the obvious ski benefits. Nice choice.
    '07 Outback V
    Ski|Board|Surf|Skate