Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dual Battery Switch

My Supra 21V comes with the Dual Battery option. I understand the 1, 1/2, and 2 positions of the switch. But what does the off position do?

Thanks,
    Mike

Huh???? off= off

A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I don't think ours is wired right. what works when you switch yours around?
    I can use any accessory when it's set at anything but off, and the motor only works when it's set for either 1 or 1&2.
    sound right?

I haven't done alot of playing with it but I switched it to off and I could still turn on the radio. I was hoping/thinking it would stop everything from drawing from the batteries...

Mine is the same way I can switch my batt to off and still run the ballast. It should kill everything but it doesn't.

Trace your wires from your batteries. Lots of people jump off the battery straight to a device. If this is the case the off position will not kill them. I wire mine in to kill the entire boat. This saves the battery in case something gets left on, like stereo. The only problem with killing the entire boat is most of your saved information disappears. Stuff like clock in radio, presets and possibly perfect pass settings that are saved.

make sure your auto bilge pump will work even with the switch in the off position, even if the boat is not stored in the water, was looking at a new boat that was covered up with the plug in and and had water up over the top of the seats--- i did not buy that boat.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Sled491 Guest

Oh, good call Moombadaze!

That would really suck to open your boat after the winter to find it fill of water. So would it make since to pull the plug for a just in case or does that let the cold air flow into the engine compartment?

That would really suck to open your boat after the winter to find it fill of water. So would it make since to pull the plug for a just in case or does that let the cold air flow into the engine compartment? Also anything that is wired direct to the battery will still work if the switch is off. I think that in my boat everything except the engine is hooked directly to the battery.