Thread: Fuel filter #

Question Fuel filter #

I'm nearing that dreaded time of the year when its time to put the boat away.Ya sure i can probably squeek a couple more weeks with watching the weather carefully,but other commitments say differently.Anyways its time to winterize and I for the life of me cannot find a part # for the fuel filter as i missed or didn't need to do this last yr but figure why push my luck.We don't have high humidity probs up here,and so far no bad gas but I feel it should be changed.Does anyone know the part # preferably in an Gm number so i can pick one up at an auto parts store vrs going for a so called marine version which i am lead to believe no real difference.I've gone through the manuals but can't find a number.I found the page with picture etc but no info.Can anyone help me out here?
    I have an 07 Outback 325 Assault motor DD . also i assume its at the back near dripshaft etc and not to hard to get at?

FUEL FILTER:
    Wix WIX 33299

I am not exactly sure where it is on Outback.. I had an 04 but sold it before I changed.
    I believe you have to pull up the floor behind the motor box and it is between the motor and the fuel tank.. yeah thats an obvious statement.. sorry..
    It may be accessible under the ski locker.. sorry, I can't remember..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Smile

I finally found it inbehind a panel in the ski locker/storage at the very back of the boat not under the back floor panel as i had suspected.While getting to that i discovered where my wakeplate pump/reseviour is and needed to be topped up.All was good until my funnel slipped and tranny fluid spilled on the carpet in that back section.A few choice words were said but i managed to blot most of it up with paper towels. Anyways thanks for the help .

any tips on changing the filter? Do you have to be aware of fuel spillage? Do you just pack a bunch of rags around it when you disconnect the filter? thanks for any insights.

Smile

Open gas filler to let off any possible pressure and then I put a rag and a pair of vice grips to not damage fuel line,pinch on gas tank side and replaced filter with a rag to catch just a few drops that came out then tighten back up.Easy ,had way more difficulty finding and opening panels than anything else.

Mikey, Thanks for your posting on the fuel filter. I have an 07 Mobius LS and am in Calgary as well. I imagine that the outback and the Mobius DD have the same set-up. Was that filter in the rear storage on the driver's side? I have taken that pannel off before and saw the wake plate pump but don't remember seeing a fuel filter. (I put an extra 12V outlet into that pannel to fill my Fat Sacs).

Also, where in town did you find that filter? AutoValue?

Thanks again for your help!

Smile

Yes it was behind the long panel at the back but had to take off the side panel where wakeplate pump is first. Filter was almost middle of boat. Yes i picked up the filter at an Auto Value.

Reese350 Guest

Brad,

Do you winterize/maintain your 06 LSV yourself? I had it done this year but after the $420 bill, I think I will do it next year. They winterized the engine, ballast, and changed the engine oil, v-drive oil, and transmission fluid for $420. I had the impellar changed at the beginning of this year but bought a new one this year in case I get up the nerve to change it myself over the winter.

I'm interested in your experience on the LSV. Is it worth spending the $400-500 every year or should I do this stuff myself?

Scott