Default rash guard shirt?

what is it and what does it do?
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

MrsZ Guest

Its a thin shirt that is comfortable to wear in the water. If you are surfing it keeps your nips from getting rubbed raw while laying on the board! All the kids were wearing them at swimming classes this summer. Helps with sunburn too! Sports Authority here has them on sale now.

so that was what those shirts were.

"keeps your nips from getting rubbed raw"
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

nuttin' worse than raw nips!

never had a problem with wearing a white shirt under a life jacket its just they streech so much. going to go to sports authority to check em out for all of us. thanks.

Ed, the shirt you had on was black-was it not hot to wear?

and-
    "I once ran a 12 miler wearing a white t-shirt and by the time I got home, I had a red #11 on the front."--all i can say is OUCH
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

I got it bad using a body board once. Ouch! I wear one in the boat all the time for the UV protection. Wish it covered my nose too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I love them in fall and spring as they dry fast and block wind a bit.
    I usually wear one under wetsuit too .. for comfort.

They are also being marketed for SPF these days!

I wore one a on labor day.. it was overcast/breezy (Gustav was on the way)..
    it was a bit warm at first, but once it gets wet its nice..

But as mentioned above, i believe they originated in Surf world for "Nip" protection on the surf boards..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Yeah a couple of years ago we bought some surfboards and hit the beach for a few hours. I noticed that all the "dudes" were wearing these tight nylon looking shirts. I thought this must be a "surfer dude" thing. Well I didn't want to be hot just to be "cool"! I even saw a couple of females wearing them. But I was too busy trying to catch the perfect wave to give it much thought. When I got back in the truck and pulled my t-shirt on I cried out very loud!!! Oooooochhhhhh!!!! I couldn't even sleep on my stomach that night! Needless to say I am the proud owner of a nice dark blue Body Glove Rash Guard now!!!

I guess the word Rash Guard just sounded better to the marketing folks than Nipple Protectors!

Sled491 Guest

My 2 youngest wear them all the time. They are great for SPF protection. I use mine for under my wet suit for diving, makes it easier to get the suit on and off. If you are looking for some cool colors and long and short sleeve option just check with your local dive shop. For you Floridians try Divers Direct or Force E scuba.

I also saw some on a website recently where I was looking for Paddle Johns, they were loose fit and with some of the beer belly issues that some of us have (of course not me!) maybe we would (not me) be more inclined to wear a rash guard. Something about the tight fit made me decide if this was the apparell I wanted to be wearing around all the surfer chicks (my wife!!!, who did you think?).