Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No not smarter just a couple years older! I will look at ours this weekend and try to understand if it can be an alignment issue or something like that. I would also measure the wall thickness of the hose you have and I can dig up some old BMW radiator hoses to see if someones Six Sigma Green belt project led them down a stupid path............or.............maybe with the global market these things are coming out of China! Don't laugh Ford asked for a quote for some brake pads from us but only wanted them from our Chinese plant!!!

Over 4 years on my OB and never had this particular. Scratching me head on this one, sled.
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

I can't help but laugh at the phrase "is the colder water up there much denser". Thanks for the chuckle Zegm. To be precise water is most dense in a liquid state at 4 degrees C, or 39.2 degrees F. Sorry for your trouble's Sled, let us know what happens as I have the same year engine as you.
    Reality is a crutch for people who can’t handle alcohol.

Hmmm. Denser water or Chinese made hoses? These are the choices. I think I'm going with a whole lot of bad hoses. I would ask if each of the replacements came from the same supplier. Next time around I'd be tempted to order one from someplace else -- or make my own with a piece of pipe and some shorter pieces of hose from another source and some clamps.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Sure I could get Butta to bend me a pc of aluminum pipe and create threaded sleaves for fitment. Never have bursting problem again. Now back pressure build up would be another story.

Hey I was just joking about the denser water, but you actually did point out the fact that that could be a problem from some of the pictures Sled has emailed lately, ah nope that was a picture of his pontoon boat acting like a Russian icebreaker! But I do agree with Kaneboats that if the dealer bought 5 or so of these at the same time it is likely they did come from the same lot. I think I would be on internet, what is that site skidim.com or something like that lookly for another supplier. I wouldn't care if I had to pay for it myself.

Appleknocker, what is this C stuff?