Thread: what size?

Default what size?

So I have an 04 LSV and I think I've just burned up my first ballast pump ( I guess I shouldn't complain after 4 years of use). Anyone know what size they are? Would replacing it with a larger one be a problem? Is it easy to replace? It's the "empty" on the starboard rear. Also, any thoughts on where to get a good deal on one? Thanks!

On my 04 XLV the pumps are located inside the engine compartment on the back wall (transom). There is one of them located on each side of the engine. I burned one up last year by leaving it on after the bags were empty. It is pretty easy to replace. I think I remember seeing a couple threads about it on here.

I found it much easier to remove the black wood piece (actually some sort of composite) from the top of the back wall, it just gave me much better access.

You can buy the original pumps if you want. A lot of people have upgraded to bigger, therefore faster drainage. I am a ways from my dealership. I found a livewell aerator at Bass pro that has worked great.
    04 XLV

I actually just noticed a leak in my starboard side pump. It appears to leak only on filling but spurts out water from the housing. Is this a big deal or is it a sign that the pump is packing it in?
    2004 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mccreatr View Post
    I actually just noticed a leak in my starboard side pump. It appears to leak only on filling but spurts out water from the housing. Is this a big deal or is it a sign that the pump is packing it in?
    It sounds like your housing is cracked. I would keep one on hand just in case. If it was my boat, I would replace it as soon as possible. Then the housing completely cracks through all of the water in the bags will go into the bilge. Had this happen already in my 02 LSV. It put 450 lbs of water in the bilge before I could stop it....

You may also just have a loose hose, try tightening it first or verify that it is cracked.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In