Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Poor service at Delta sportboats Antioch

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone wanting to do business with Delta sportboats in Antioch Ca. Last summer, I spent nearly three hours trying to purchase a Mobius. We could not work out a deal, OK, so I went to American Marine 60 miles away in Santa Rosa Ca. Worked out a great deal in 10 minutes. A few months later I had a simple warranty issue. Delta sportboats in Antioch Ca. refused to service my boat because I did not purchase it from them. I asked them if they were an authorized Moomba dealer , Mike their service writer said yes but would not service my boat .HE SAID "WHY SHOULD I DO ANYTHING FREE FOR YOU WHEN YOU DID NOT PURCHASE FROM US." I told him that I tried to buy a boat here first but could not reach a deal. I told him that I would write to Skiers Choice and he said very rudely, : Go ahead!"
    I wrote a letter to the GM. of Delta sportboats in Antioch Ca. and not suprisingly have not heard from them. If you need service or thinking about buying a boat stay away from Delta sportboats in Antioch Ca., go to American Marine, even if it is a much longer drive like it is for me. I would rather drive an extra 35 miles and get treated right.

Default Re: Delta Sport Boats

I too had a bad experience with Delta Sportboats. We were shopping for our Moomba between Delta and American Marine in Santa Rosa. At Delta, we didn't seem to be taken seriously, the guy lit up when he went to show us a boat and then the guy he took us to see in the office was spitting chew into a wastebasket. Needless to say, we were not impressed. We went back to American Marine and had a great experience. We bought our '04 Moomba, with everything we wanted on it, at a great price!

Since the purchase, our follow-through with American Marine has been great. The extra 40 miles from Antioch is definitely worth the drive!!

Default Poor service at Delta sportboats

Just to follow-up, Skiers choice contacted Delta sportboats in Antioch, CA. and was told that I must have misunderstood them. They said that I was told that they were too busy and could not service my boat at this time. So when their service writer said "Why should I do anything free for you when you did not buy from us" It must have been my fault and when I told them I would write a letter and they replied "go ahead" I must have taken that the wrong way and when I wrote a letter that went unanswered it must have gotten lost in the mail. Do you think their sales people tell potential customers,"I want you to spend your hard earned money on a boat ....but if you need service don't bring it to us because you know we are way too busy.
    Hey Stackhouse I want to check out your boat, I spend all my time at Berryessa, we should hook up sometime.

Default American Marine

I too have had great service from American Marine. I bought a 2002 Outback LS from Howie and Dustin and we love it. They will definitley take care of you. All of you that go to Lake Berryessa we should get together. We go there all the time and I have seen maybe 1 or 2 other Moomba's. Would be great to see more from this area.
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Default Poor service at Delta sportboats

Howie and Dustin are the best. after dealing with the B.S. at Delta sportboats, I went to American marine and picked out my boat. I put down $2,000 as a deposit and told them that I would be back in 30 days when my home equity loan comes through. They said take the boat now and send the check when you have the money. I was like hell yeah! I put 15 hours on the boat before I even paid them.
    Anyways, Moomba owners need to get together at Berryessa on Memorial day. We can tie up under the bridge and have our own floating Moomba party. We can be like hey, look how cheap we are!...I mean how cool we are. Labor day 2003 was off the hook. I had so many naked ladies on my boat! It was crazy. My wife would not talk to me for two weeks. There was nearly 200 boats tied up and none were rocking more than the yellow Moomba.

Default Re: American Marine

We worked with Andrew and Dustin at American Marine, but also got to chat with Howie - great bunch of guys! I owe them martinis...

Let's definitely hook up Memorial Day at Berryessa.

Default Delta sport boats

Just read the posting about Delta sport boats. I was a little surprised they have been great with me, but then again it has only been on a limited basis. I have yet to have any problems witht e boat which would require service. I guess I just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Lake Berryessa sound great for Memorial Week-end You should also look at Don Pedro for the 4th of July. I have an 03 Gravity Games LSV and it rocks.

See you under the bridge,

Holtzy
    holtzy's heaven

Default Replying to Topic 'Poor service at Delta sportboats Antioch'

Well well well boys........I have had quite the different experience with DELTA SPORT BOATS IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA. I bought a Mobius LSV last summer. What an awesome boat! The sales manager could not have treated me better. During my demo, we talked about wakeboarding. He sounded like he knew his shit so I asked him how to do inverts. To my surprise, he invited me out on his boat with his family. We spent the entire day riding. That guy is the sickest rider I have ever seen!

Anyway, back to case in point. A few months after I bought my boat, we were on the Delta and not knowing where we were (not very smart for three girls), the boat stalled. Nothing we could do would get it started. I took a chance and called DELTA SPORT BOATS IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA and was able to talk to the Sales Manager. He said he was just finishing up with a customer and he would come get us. We could see a bridge and he knew exactly which bridge it was--so he knew right where we were! Within an hour, he arrived in a 40' bad ass boat! He discovered that we had run out of gas (oops!). He towed us three miles to the gas dock and filled up our tank. That's what I call service--DELTA SPORT BOATS IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA just in case you didn't catch the name It was the crew from DELTA SPORT BOATS that made our day!

Well well well boys........I have had quite the different experience with DELTA SPORT BOATS IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA. I bought a Mobius LSV last summer. What an awesome boat! The sales manager could not have treated me better. During my demo, we talked about wakeboarding. He sounded like he knew his shit so I asked him how to do inverts. To my surprise, he invited me out on his boat with his family. We spent the entire day riding. That guy is the sickest rider I have ever seen!

Anyway, back to case in point. A few months after I bought my boat, we were on the Delta and not knowing where we were (not very smart for three girls), the boat stalled. Nothing we could do would get it started. I took a chance and called DELTA SPORT BOATS IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA and was able to talk to the Sales Manager. He said he was just finishing up with a customer and he would come get us. We could see a bridge and he knew exactly which bridge it was--so he knew right where we were! Within an hour, he arrived in a 40' bad ass boat! He discovered that we had run out of gas (oops!). He towed us three miles to the gas dock and filled up our tank. That's what I call service--DELTA SPORT BOATS IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA just in case you didn't catch the name It was the crew from DELTA SPORT BOATS that made our day!

Okay, it's very strange, but my original post did not show up so here I go again!

Well well well boys, I have had quite the different experience at DELTA SPORT BOATS IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA. I bought a Mobius LSV last summer. The Sales Manager took me on my demo. We talked about wakeboarding and he seemed to know his shit so I asked how to do inverts. To my surprise, he invited me out on his boat with his family. We spent the entire day riding. That guy is the sickest rider I have ever seen!

Back to case in point. A few months after I got my boat, I took it out with a few friends. After a few hours of sun and fun, the boat stalled. Nothing we could do would get that boat started. I took a chance on calling the Sales Manager Jody at DELTA SPORT BOATS IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA and he told me he was just finishing up with a customer and would come out to get us. We had no idea where we were--only that we could see a bridge. He knew exactly where we were and an hour later he pulls up next to us in a bad ass 40' boat. The problem with the boat? we had run out of gas (oops!). He towed us to the gas dock and filled up the tank. Now that's what I call service from DELTA SPORT BOATS IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA. (Wakedude, you mentioned the name so many times in your post, I thought I'd do the same) The crew at DELTA SPORT BOATS made our day!