Default Recommend a Good Beginner Board

Hey guys, I have decided that I want to pick up a Surf Board sometime over Winter.
    I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of cash on one and just want like an all type recreational board that everyone on the boat can use.
    I'm pretty experienced on my wakeboard so I'm not sure if that makes a difference with a Surf board.

The funny thing is that I can surf on my wakeboard. Decided to give it a shot about a month ago. I took one of my older slalom ropes and measured about 20 feet of it and tied a permanent knot in it so now I can use it whenever I want to surf.
    I put a fly high 750# in replace of the backseat and had about 5 people in the boat.
    I was impressed with the wake that my Outback threw.
    Once I got up I pulled myself in on the rope and pushed forward on the board and sure enough got the slack in the rope and kind of messed around with the board to see how good I could maneuver it. Seemed to work pretty good. I was using a Ronix Vault size 134 riding finless.
    After that I was like WOW this is awesome and I really want a surf board now, but it is too late in the season so I will just do it over the Winter.
    Also plan on getting 2 fly high 400# sacks as well.

Sorry for the long write up, but thought I'd share my story!!

Aaron
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

http://www.evogear.com/shop/wake/wakesurfers.aspx
    http://www.wakeside.com/category/wak..._surfboards.do
    Now is a great time to buy one There are some GREAT deals above!

I have an LF Venture 5'0.. I have ridden the CWB Ride and like it better than my LF Venture as it is easier to keep balanced on the front.
    The Hyperlite Landlock or the Ronix Stage should both be pretty stable and a good all around board for all to learn on.. Neither of these will allow for any spins, shuvs, etc... but if all you are looking for is a big stable basic ride...

I have recently ridden a Inland Surfer Blue Lake and my wife and I loved it and will be getting one. That does not qualify for the low cash request, but is a fun and easy board to ride.. stable, faster than my LF Venture, and more maneuverable.. It will be a WHILE if even before I want to do much spinning!
    For the money< go with the Hyp Landlock BLEM above at EVOGEAR. They are great to deal with.
    BW
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I appreciate it!
    For $180 you can't go wrong on that board espically with free shipping.
    I think I'm to consider making a purchase on this if they still have some around in a few weeks and if not I'll keep looking around.

Thanks again!
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

Yep, Ed stated it right on the money. Grab the blem

Even if you find another good deal, always look at shipping as it's the kicker.

Last winter I picked up a 3-yr old Broadcast 4.9 used twice for $150 shipped via ebay. Other than a scratch on the nose, the board was brand new. I've since added a few more scratches.

Last month I picked up a Phase 5 Icon skim-style for $175 shipped off WWorld. I think the guy used it once as it still had the bar code sticker on it. Some small nicks from storing the board on the nose but nothing to affect the ride.

Beginner boards you can find over the winter, the high end boards are harder. again shipping is expensive for the seller about $60 for a surf board. You'll scratch the board when storing it so I don't mind a blem board that doesn't affect the ride. I bought a new IS board and got a bit teary eyed when I scratched a $500+ board.

I have been using a Hyperlite Coex all summer. A great board but not necessarily for beginners. It is highly reactive and carves well. It does need some coaxing to keep up if your wave is on the small side. Once you get the hang of it though, it carves smooth and accurate. Highly recommended.

Cheers.
    2004 Mobius LSV

I would recommend the CWB Ride.