Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2008 LSV single axel trailer?

Our LSV came with a single axel trailer.

We keep the LSV slipped on a lift nearly always. A few times per year we will tow the boat maybe even once or twice to Broken Bow OK which is 185 miles away.

We will use a 2004 4x4 Tahoe.

My dealer will allow us to trade in the single axel for a tandem for ~$1,100. Should I save the coin of get the tandem?

Save the coin and have a spare tire.

ive used both trailers now with my 08 lsv. dealer did not have double when boat was bought so he let me use the single till mine came in. all i can say is there is a world of difference in how smooth the double pulls. even if you get the double you would still need a spare. one thing the single has 16' 6 lug wheels and the double has 14' 5 lug wheels.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

The double axle will have much less "swing" when towing. Single axle trailers cause a small movement of the wheel to be a big movement in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Save the coin and have a spare tire.
    i agree with zabooda, for as little as you tow, use the single. if you are concerned about resale later, then i think the tandom would be the way. i would not even consider a single for myself. but i tow more than 3000 mile/year.

I towe every weekend and only have a single axle, no problems and no sway plus you can push it in and out of the tight garage easier

double is probably better but I don't know about $1000 better

I have a 25ft 6600lb fishing boat on a tandem and our 2008 LS on a single axle. Both tow fine! I have towed the LS twice this year over 600 miles round trips each and had no problems and no sway. And if you need to move it in a tight spot the single axle will be much easier to manuever. If you don't believe me just look at my front yard when I back up and park the tandem!!! Poor grass never saw it coming!!!! I would consider the tandem if you are really traveling every weekend or you like the looks!

Sled491 Guest

Plenty of good arguments for a tandem, and yes they look cool, but for your towing mileage 1000 bucks buys a lot of chicken wings and gas!
    Right Z

I also have a single for my OBV. I keep it in a slip all summer and only tow once every now and again. I say keep with the single. 1K is alot of wings and beer. I mean wings and gas. plus for as little as you tow you will not see a differance. Just get an extra tire. oo thanks for the reminder i still have not gotten one.

Sled,

Wow we are back on the chicken wings!!!!! This just brings back fond memories!!!! OK maybe not so fond! I need to call DF and see when she is going to put on a demonstration over at Cory Picos!!! I think this is the only way we can make the "fond" memories!!!

But yeah Mag. save your money!!! However, do what I did and go out and buy yourself a spare tire. Cost me 90 dollars at Hy Tech Marine here in Panama City. The spare tire carrier was almost as much from a Moomba dealer, I think you could find this cheaper too!

This place has a lot of equipment for trailers!

http://www.easternmarine.com/