Default First Time Wakeboarder

To My Friendly Wakeboarders - Last weekend for the first time in my life I tried to wakeboard. With my sons as witness, I got up, hung on, and stayed between the wakes. A minute was all I could take. I am humbled and have a new found respect for you. I'm here to tell those who don't know that wakeboarding is a lot harder than it looks. I'll stick to skiing, which is my passion, but take my hat off to the wild and crazy wakeboard crowd. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Wicked. Glad you tried it out.

I totally agree they it looks easy but it's very hard.

When watching wakeboard videos like "The Truth" or "Chick Flick" they make everything look effortless and it makes me sick!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I'm a wakeboarder and pretty damn good so I am just the opposite. I rode with a friend last weekend who insisted that I slalom. I was a fish out of the water. Yes, I got up but probably wouldn't get much on style points but man the speed you're pulled at and the arm workout. I have a new respect myself.