Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Changing transmission fluid

I have an 08 LSV with the 325hp motor, ZF tranny and Walter's V-drive....the basic set up. Where is the drain plug for the transmission? How do you get to it? I'm doing my own service because I live so far from the dealer. The v-drive was easy. So far, the transmission seems hopeless....HELP!!! Thanks.

Pretty sure you have to pump it out with a fluid extractor, not really that difficult.
    2000 Mobius V

How did you do the v-drive? Did you use an extractor or did you drain it some other way?

Thanks.

I bought an oil sucker today to do an oil change and it was the biggest piece of crap I have even seen.

I would be embarrased to put that product on a shelf for sale.

What model are you guys using?

Edit: This is the one I tried. http://www.boatersworld.com/product/367210010.htm
    Last edited by deafgoose; 09-05-2008 at 07:50 PM.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I use an extractor for trans, v-drive, and engine oil. I just used a cheap one from autozone last time but I imagine I'll upgrade and get something like this in the future:

http://www.boatersworld.com/product/..._source=google

I've seen models just like the above link much cheaper, around $60 or so.
    2000 Mobius V

The useless one I tried was 12v powered.

I would imagine a manual one being much better.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ID=1008&r=view

Top side oil changer, figured this would work pretty good and I could get buy with it. I Have the type you put on to a drill also. The drill one did not work very good at all. This one was way better than I ever expected. I have seen them other places also. Either I got a really good one or its just that simple??

I got this from Skidim and it worked great.

http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SUC01

Quote Originally Posted by mnpracing View Post
    How did you do the v-drive? Did you use an extractor or did you drain it some other way?

Thanks.
    There is a drain plug on the back side. Also, there is a strainer and a couple of magnetic tipped bolts you remove, clean and replace. Seems that everyone is extracting through the dipstick holes......for the tranny at least, I thought I read something about a strainer that should be cleaned with each fluid change???
    Last edited by ffmcdou; 09-06-2008 at 04:06 AM.

Default Fluid extractor

The "Top Sider" manual extractor works great for ALL fluids. Warm any thick fluid prior to extraction. "Northern Tool" carries them for around fourty dollars.