Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Snap Out Carpets

What are your thoughts on snap out carpets and I'm wondering why it's not offered on the moomba and supra. I think you can get snap for covers for moomba and Supra and wonder why its not offered on other boats like CC, Tige etc.
    I have the snap out carpet in my Glastron and really like it, you don't realize how much dirt gets tracked into your boat until you have them out. How do you clean your carpets and what about drying out your boat at end of season, what do you do. The snap on covers have been nice for over night storage and travel as well.

Hyper,

I as well would love to have snap out/in carpets. After our first season as boat owners there has been nothing as frustrating in the general cleaning/maintance as trying to keep the carpet nice.

I agree it would be nice. I was out in friends 08 MC and he ordered his with no Snaps and does not plan to put the carpet in..

I have taken my home carpet cleaner out in the boat to clean.. I have sprayed the carpet with carpet cleaner, rinsed with a hose and then wet vac'd.. also, I think a great idea is go rent a carpet cleaner to clean..

I have learned to deal with a little dirtyness. it is a boat.. I want it to look nice, but I have mellowed with age..scratches, etc still bother me, but I can deal with dirty carpet.. I'll clean it later!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Sled491 Guest

I'd give my left #@% for snap out carpets. But some people don't believe they are for tournament boats. These people obviosly don't 3 young kids!

I'm with you. I'd love to throw it in a commercial washing machine. Seriously, it would be nice to hang it up and have at it with the power washer.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Say Skiers Choice, you listening! I see a trend starting here.

Hear, hear!!!!

Snap out carpet would be great.
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

I know first hand that stepping on a snap can hurt, to be honest my carpets have never gone back in.
    What are your thoughts on the snap on travel tarps. I have them on my 18 footer and they are a real convenience. I think Moomba and Supra offer this but I'm not sure. I know CC, MC, BU and Tige don't.; why is that? because it takes away from the lines of the boat. I've seen guys try to cover their boats with the one peice tarps for overnight moorage and that is a pain. Ive also seen these expensive boats hauled without covers because of the concern for rub wear.

DEWALT 18V cordless ShopVac...best purchase I ever made!
    2000 Mobius V

Wish the weather got hot enough for any lenght of time that stepping on hot snaps was an issue.

I was considering the use of a shop vac for pulling the water out, what about cleaning of the carpets, what do you do?
    What about end of season even with the shop vac the carpets are still damp. I've just never thought that stowing my boat for 7 to 8 months wet/damp was a good idea. Ideally I like to get a couple days of sunny weather and pull all my cushions and let them dry out as well.