Default CD changer install

Hi all....I recently upgraded the stereo in my 2001 Outback by adding a 10 disc CD changer. I got a few requests to post how difficult it was, so here goes.

It was incredibly simple...the Kenwood CD player that came standard is compatible with the Kenwood KDC-C719 CD changer. I got on the Kenwwod support website and sent them the model numbers to make sure they would work together, and got an answer a few days later. They said that particular model will work with any Kenwood CD player with CD changer controls.

There's only one hook-up.a 13 prong cable that comes with the changer and plugs into the back of the CD player...that's it. Mount the changer in a safe spot and you're done.
    I bought my CD changer on Ebay, new (not rebuilt or anything) for $124.00 + shipping. The seller was ABC Car Stereo, I highly recommend them. The shipping was prompt, and he sent emails withtracking numbers.

Just do a search for KDC-C719 on Ebay or Yahoo Shopping to find one, if it works for your stereo. That's it, 150 bucks to upgrade your boat a little! Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Brian

Thanks for the info. Where did you mount yours? Is it able to be mounted either vertically or horizontally? The one in my boat now is kind of a pain to get to, and would like to buy a 10 disc rather than the current 6.

You can mount it 3 ways.....I installed mine vertically.....when you pull up the seatback to the storage area behind the passenger seat there's a nice little space to your immediate right. Seems like an out of the way spot.

Brian

Default Replying to Topic 'CD changer install'

Forgive for sounding dumb.......so do you have the origianl Kenwood CD player and a changer installed now? I guess I am asking if you added on or did you replace it?
    Fins to the left.

2002 Outback LS

Default Replying to Topic 'CD changer install'

I kept the original stereo....it accepts the CD changer.

Brian