Thread: vinyl cleaner

Default vinyl cleaner

It seems that any time that somebody steps into my boat with semi-dirty feet, the dirt stains the vinyl seats. I just bought the boat and I haven't used any protectant on them (303 is on order). Having not read the owner's manual, I've also been using Simple Green on them. I tried the Magic Erasers today with no success. I've read a great deal on here about Babes Seat Soap, Vinyl Sauce by Boat Bling, Fantastik, Adavanage (without the T), and some others that I think are clearly outside the manufacturer's recommendations. Does it just come down to personal preference on the cleaner? I have to order virtually anything I get, so my most recent order to SkiDim had some Starbrite Mildew/Stain remover.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SanMarzano View Post
    This stuff is recommended by Correct Craft. (so it must be good).
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sweet. I just placed an order for 1gallon of this stuff!!!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Moombadaze,

What is the stuff you use on the seats? It is listed in another Thread but don't remember where. It got the orange clay stains out from Georgia Jam. Georgia clay is HARD to get out of EVERYTHING.
    Also, my uncle gave me some stuff this weekend that he used on his patio furnature to get the mildew off. It's called "Purple Power". They looked new. I am going to try it on the kids play stuff. I'll let you know how it works.
    Last edited by Mrs. Kane; 09-01-2008 at 10:05 PM.
    I thought our last boat was our "last boat". Who am I kidding?

I ordered this set : https://boatbling.net/store/index.ph...59df61255cc0cc

and have been very happy with all the Sauce products. Does the whole boat for years.

MrsKane, i used Babes seat soap
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart