Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: neighbor kids

Question neighbor kids

I work hard for all I have and when I take my neighbors and their kids along with my family on my '07 mobius ls I expect them to be helpful and courteous to me and not to trash my boat. the neighbors say to let them be kids,my kids have fun and do not trash the boat. Is it wrong to take care of what you have or should I let them do whatever?

Kids need rules to be happy.

You need to teach them to respect the boat or they cant come out and have fun.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

In my eyes it's not wrong, kids can be kids when the time is appropriate. I put my grandsons and their friends in their place if needed. I will not have anybody trash my stuff. Here's a good one, i had to do that to my neighbor the first time i took him out! He was going to walk onto the boat with water shoes on right from the dirty dock so i stopped him and said "no shoes"! He got angry said "it's a boat!" until i said "would you walk all over the interior of your leather car seats with shoes on? Why would you walk on my boat like that?" Being as he worships his car it made him think, know he tells others to take their shoes off and monitors them!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Kids need rules to be happy.

You need to teach them to respect the boat or they cant come out and have fun.
    Exactly! And that's exactly how i do it! When i sold my 13 year old Tigé this year it looked almost new still consequently i sold it for high dollar in one week! I'm not saying don't have fun, just be respectfull.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I frequently take the youth groups from our church out to enjoy the water. before we go, i explain to all that i have a few rules, i explain a few of them, shoes, bubble gum, helping with the rope etc. i always finish with telling them that will help with wipe down when we are finished and that i will make up new things if i see them doing something i don't like.

they usually all end up having great time, i don't think i have offended anyone too badly. i think it is good for other kids to see and experience things, some times it is other peoples activities and the rules too.

more to my soap box, but it is probably similar to yours.

I agree 100% with everything Year, def &, razz said. However it sounds to me like you need to keep doing what your doing with the neighbor kids and educate the neighbor PARENTS!! I love the way Razz put it. "I wouldnt walk into their house/car with muddy shoes on why would they?" I dont understand how other people just cant respect the property of others. Its almost like because its a "fun day" they can let loose and dont have to remember common sense and respect.. I would imagine that those neighbors probably dont help with the fuel in the boat and they probably always drive there car to the lake and meet you there..

Ok so I got on my soap box now..
    li

sounds like if the neighbor (ADULT) does not understand the next lesson on respect for others property, they might not get invited any more...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Definately bust their ass if they are doing something you don't like. Anyone that steps foot on my boat knows the rules and respects them. I have yet to have someone get upset with me for letting them know what they are doing is A: not good for the boat, B: dangerous, or C: both.

Some basic rules that I have that don't seem to be an issue;
    Leave your shoes on the dock
    Don't open a fresh can unless you plan to slam it down enough so it isn't spilling everywhere.
    If the boat isn't anchored or you aren't strapping a wakeboard to your feet; your sitting.
    Garbage goes in the garbage bag.
    Always watch the rope! (This is a big one!)

I also keep a can of carpet cleaner with a scrub bruch on the boat. Accidents do happen, and I don't want to be pissed off and have anyone feel bad for making a stain. If someone spills I clean it up, and we continue to have a fun time.
    2013 Outback V

simple for me and it goes like this:

My boat, my rules. You don't like my rules, go get your own boat.

Kaneboats and I have 6 kids on our boat everytime we take it out. They eat, drink, throw things in the garbage and rinse their feet off when getting back in the boat. Even the 2 year old. One time they were pigs. We made them clean the boat (which you can't do with neighbor kids) AND the next time we went out, we didn't bring them any snacks. (You can do that with neighbor kids). When they asked where the snacks were, we reminded them about the last time. Again, they do it the right way now.
    I thought our last boat was our "last boat". Who am I kidding?