Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winterizing Ballast System

I know many of you are in warmer climates and winterizing is not even on your radar yet but here in New England the leaves are already turning, so.... Does anyone have some pointers on winterizing the rear ballast system on my 08 Outback? Never done it before and don't want to f it up (or pay the dealer the $150.00 to do it). Guidance would be helpful!
    Your body will try to convince you to quit, you must train your mind not to listen!

If your referring to your bags then just undo the red quick disconnect, pull the bags out and make sure there is no water in them and store them in the garage.

As far as the plumbing itself i think you could flip the levers down on each pump and back blow through each hose after disconnecting from the bags. As these pumps are still the Orbits i think that would work but i'm not sure.

Anyone else know?
    2007 Mobius LSV

empty the strainer...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

this is such a depressing topic, how could you bring up winterizing in august? however, we have noticed that our lake temps are starting to drop. the water is down to 68. the heater is getting used already! of course i don't tell anyone that i am glad to turn it on, most do not know about the heat vent under my feet!

so for winterizing, if you have heater, you need to blow out the heater lines as well.

i have heard of some people pumping a bit of antifreeze into the system.

Your lake temp is only 68* and your using the heater. My like temp has not been above 68* this summer because of having a good snow pack. And htis is a very sad subject. We should be out on the water as long as there is water in the lakes.

Ok so on the subject i have heard of the heater and the filters need to be unscrewed and drained.

a crappy summer here has lead to cold water temps all summer... leaves are changing early here too.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

Air 105 , water 86 yesterday
    2007 Mobius LSV

I am with ya Razz..
    Mid 90's today with water temps in the 80s.
    HATE to even HEAR the word winterization now.
    After this weekend, the best riding comes around here..!!!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Your lake temp is only 68* and your using the heater.
    yeah, we were out at sunrise for some butter, the air was 61* so it was cooler out of the water. i will gladly admit to and use the heater if i can get on the water more than 4 months a year and not have to put up with any 100+ days in the summer.

Exclamation

Gammapark,

Feel your pain as well. Yesterday we were out at 8am to ski on glass. Air temp 45 water temp 64. Never got above 60 degrees. We want to keep the boat out for another 3 weeks but over night temps might force early winterization or a heated garage. Considering putting a closed cooling system on the boat, but would still need to address ballast system, shower, heater etc. This is an important topic for us in the North, lets keep the info coming!!!