Thread: Will Not Start

Default Will Not Start

We have a 2004 Mobius LSV. We were running the boat, turned it off to pick up tubers, and it will not start up again. When you turn on the key, the guages go on, but not the switches. The red light by the throttle goes on, but the engine does not turn. I am sure this is a dumb question, but is there fuse that could have blown (I do not see any in manual or under dash) or is it something else? Help - we have to get the boat off the lift on on trailer this weekend!

Did you check to make sure the transmission is in neutral?

Check that the transmission is in neutral, check that the safety latch (located around the throttle lever) is still attached (it kills the engine in case you are thrown from the boat and it is attached to you). I keep my throw cushion in between the driver's seat and the side, once it dislodged the safety. It took forever to figure that one out. There are a couple of circuit breakers, one on the engine and one on the CB panel.
    Hope that helps.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

A few years ago I had a "new" runabout with an Evinrude. We were on one of our first couple of times out. We stopped to bring in a skier and the boat wouldn't start. I had spark plugs out and everything before I realized one of the kids had pulled the lanyard loose off the control box. I had noticed it before then but had forgotten all about it. Usually it's something simple so always check ALL of the simple stuff first. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of the suggestions. A mechanic told me that there is a circuit breaker in the compartment on the passenger side where the wires come off the battery. Someone else mentioned that there are other CBs - on the engine and on the panel. Any idea where they are located exactly?

I did check to make sure it is in neutral - my son made that mistake earlier this year. I will check the safety latch - I have never used it before.

Thanks again for your input. I have not used this board before and it is definetly helpful.

It grows on you. You'll be here every day before long. Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

My name is Tazz!!!
    I am a Moombahalic.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Could be the started solenoid, I had to replace mine in my 2004 LSV. It went out like a light, no warning no nothing. Turned the boat off to load a wakeboarder and it wouldn't start back up. First make sure you check the breaker near the battery, little lever on a box by the battery.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!