Default depth gauge still not working

I've checked to see if the transducer puck deal was attached and it is a solid as a rock. Depth gauge still not working ,sometimes in shallow water I get a read out for a couple of seconds but then goes to --- .Warranty is done and I am nowhere near a dealer to have it looked at . Not going to be easy to remove the puck as it is under the drive shaft to replace .Has anyone replaced it themselves???

Default Depth Gauge Problem

I had the exact same problem with mine on an 07 Moomba XLV. I replaced it with a Faria with the in-haul transducer which sits in a mineral oil bath. I mounted the transducer on the opposite side from the factory transducer. This new gauge is showing the same probelms as the factory gauge which is it works fine in for a short time in shallow water or in the slip then cuts out when the boat reaches about 12 mph. The location of the transducer is about as far back as it can go. If I push on the dash panel it sometime comes back on for a few seconds. I know it sound like an electrical problem or ground issue. I have to remove the driver seat to get back behind the instrument panel which is not fun, I hope to work on the connections this weekend.

Same here with my factory depth finder. The puck did detach once, but afterwards I got intermittent readings and then finally almost always nothing after a while. I'm guessing that it is a broken wire. I keep putting off fixing it, as my lake is pretty safe. I just became a problem this month when I stayed at a cottage on another lake though. Please post about any findings.

Thanx
    Ian