Thread: Double Wake

Default Double Wake

Well this weekend, we are going to Lake Powell with a group of friends. There will be a coule of boats going. My buudy and I saw a video on youtube in regards to a double wake. Two boats have to be side by side with weight on the inside of the boat. This will creat a double wake. You need a longer rope so that you can surf from wake to wake. It looked awesome on the video so we thought we could try it. I will take picture of the experiment.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

I hope that you have extreme trust in the other boat driver's ability to not run into your boat. Once you see how close the other boat is, you may have second thoughts about this, especially if you choose to drink while boating.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I know for fact in some states that is illegal, especially here in cali! The water cops will bust you in a heart beat for even driving within 50' of another moving vessel on a continuous run.
    2007 Mobius LSV

it's 100ft here, and enforced.. I wouldn't even think about doing this, no matter how cool it may sound. it has a hint of a youtube sinking boat video..

Now if you take some bamboo, strap it between the boats, put a tarp across the bamboo, hide one State Registration Decal then you could probably get away with it if. You know when you get pulled over say" officer this is a Pontoon boat!

Tazz you really should be careful here!!!!

We will be careful. The other boater(driver) a have complete confidence in. But you are right. I need to see what the laws are in Lakw Powell.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

I found the link again. Here it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZPdt...eature=related

oh its on...

actually if your set up goofy again it will be a good way to see the diffence in the waves at the same time and i want to try also.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart