Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keelguard

Default Keelguard

I was wondering if anyone has put Keelguard on their Moomba. I put it on my old I/O. And I see it on I/Os quite a bit. But not on V-drives and direct drives. I was wondering why. It seems like it would be a good way to protect your keel. If you don't know what Keelguard is here is the link http://www.keelguard.com/

Garn

i think that "aintskeerd" put one on his boat. i think that many of the people here are too afraid to beach their boat and think they don't need it.

i have thought about it, but don't beach very often, never had one on my previous IO, never had issues with needing one then, i don't htink i will put one on now either.

my $1.

Shores here are far to rocky, and it makes me want to throw up everytime I see someone beach a beautiful inboard. But that's just me, I'm extremely picky about my belongings and I tend to forget that not everyone takes care of their things the way I do. That's why it's almost impossible for me to buy something used. But, if you do beach your boat I would recommend it. I'm all about protecting things. I use their transom protector on the rear of my boat. It's perfectly clear and works great.

YEP I got one.... I dont beach either but just to pull up and drop or pick someone up from shore its nice to know the guard is there... I always seem to get waked about the time I picking some one up. And touch the keel. Really tough stuff trying to cut and shape, it impressed me!.

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Keelguard

Yup , put one on my 05' lsv. I installed them on 2 boats before this one and they are great. They save your keel and I do beach my v drive inboard boat. If you have a boat you will beach it someday for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
    Shores here are far to rocky, and it makes me want to throw up everytime I see someone beach a beautiful inboard. But that's just me, I'm extremely picky about my belongings and I tend to forget that not everyone takes care of their things the way I do. That's why it's almost impossible for me to buy something used. But, if you do beach your boat I would recommend it. I'm all about protecting things. I use their transom protector on the rear of my boat. It's perfectly clear and works great.
    Pickle,

I'm looking for something to protect the transom from skis, etc. and saw your post. I looked on KeelGuards website & couldn't find a transom protector. Is this where you ordered yours from?

How do you beach an inboard? Isn't the prop and the prop shaft going to get damaged (or at least risk being bent)? I sure wouldn't beach my XLV, I'd do anything possible to avoid it.

Never beach the boat, because I am originally from Ga. where there are rocks and red clay and now that I live in Florida sand is the samething they put on paper and call sandpaper so won't do it here either.
    However, I would also like to know about the transom protector.

The transom shield is made be another company called Keelshield. Here is the link:
    http://www.keelshield.com/transomshield.html

Garn

I think you can buy that stuff at OfficeMax for $5.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!