Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good Deal on Ipod adapters

Yep, I use a similar adapter. I think the one you linked may be a newer model. Works great. Plugs into your cd changer port of the head unit. Keeps the iPod charged and interfaces with the headunit controls and remote really well. I didn't have to cut any holes or run any wires. The cord is plenty long enough to reach into the boat if needed. I usually plug mine in and throw it in the storage area under the dash and out of the way. Then just use the stereo to control. No need to see your iPod as it is not operable when plugged into the unit anyways.

Only problem I've had is sometimes when I unplug my iPod from the adapter to use it outside the boat or whatever and then plug it back in, there is no sound through the speakers. iPod shows as connected, song title displays on the headunit, but no sound. Easy fix is to reset the iPod by holding the menu and center button at the same time until it shutsdown and restarts. Doesn't lose any music just goes through a quick shutdown and restart and then all is well.

I have the IP500. Sounds great. The stock headunit doesn't allow alot of control of the iPOD. You basically get to access you playlist and skip through your playlists. It's a little clunky if you want to find a particular song. You can not use the controls on the iPOD itself when it is plugged into the headunit.
    2007 Outback V
    Moon Lake
    Monroe, LA

SanMarzano
    Do you want to have your ipod near the driver or do you specifically want to be able to control with your remote?

Search for Harman Kardon Drive and Play. They are all over the net cheap
    http://www.e-digital-electronics.com...ucts_id=124969
    I have one in my truck and many have put these in their boat.
    I hear the Kenwood interface is clunky..
    I wired my ipod into my Kenwood with the 13pin plug connected to an ipod connection wire and keep the ipod on the dash.. I like being able to scroll through music/play list and see what i am doing.

Let me know if you want the parts list for the cables I used to connect mine, but this HK setup is cheaper...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Thx brad... For some reason I allways have issues with FM modulators. Also I need something that will charge the ipod as well

You can connect the HK Drive and play to your Kenwood without FM Mod..
    I connected it to my wifes acura and it sounded GREAT. Your boat should have an access input. if not, it should have the 13 pin input in the back... either way, you could connect it to your Kenwood head unit.
    And the HK system does charge/power the ipod. You can either connect the power to cig lighter or 12v direct connection.

here is the other connection I was speaking of.. this runs on 12v as well and powers the ipod
    http://www.etronics.com/p-20137-pac-...deo-cable.aspx
    I have had this in both my boats and like this set up. I prefer to connect my ipod from the bottom connection over the speaker level 3.5mm mini jack at the top... get a clearer sound
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Here is a thread that I started a while back when I bought the IP500. I did some testing with it and ended up modding it a little. Not sure if it is the same model as the one you have found. i installed a switch in the glove box that opens or closes the "green wire" in the thread below. It allows for either the head unit to have control or the ipod. Only flaw is that you have to use the source button to get the sound back as mentioned above. Resetting the ipod or cycling the source on the radio does the same thing.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=3370

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Ok so i have looked at both options posted and dont know what way i want to go. The good thing about the kenwood is i can plug and play without running any wires (not a big deal just a little plus) and i can use the remote that is allready installed in the boat. The plus of the Harman is that i can see the songs from my dash (a little plus). I am looking for clear sound. What would everyone recommend. The only thing i do know is if my deck has the External Accessory plug. I have the 08 OBV.

Actually if I had to do it all over again. I may have just run the 15' CD changer cable extension to the cable below. I could have had the ipod at the helm and had no wires to solder/crimp. The only problem with this setup is that the radio can not control the ipod.

Found Here:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=17-17002649-2

15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I have the periphal connex2car that JesseC has pictured, i keep it in the glove box. I drive, the wife changes the tunes when needed. it charges and works great, sound is clear and Ipod controls everything except volume. I thought about the IP500 and heard the song changing was slow at the HU

My next deck will be and Alpine, with USB ipod, direct sat connect and three RCA outputs, JL 6X45 brideable amp and a 6 polk interiors and two polk audio formz tower speakers.

Maybe my wife can join moomba mommas and read my xmas list LOL
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold