Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default General ?'s from proud new owner

Well, you guys helped me so much with my brake issue that I thought I would try some more. Thanks to OSU failing to show up, I got out the day of the OSU-Michigan game and fell instantly in love. Have some general house keeping questions, though.

My throttle is in idle/no wake mode until I get it clear past parralel with the floor. Is this normal? Not used to that. My Malibu hit "go" just a couple inches past engage. If so, any way to tighten it up and get to accelerate sooner?

I have a Mobius, and cannot get either bag to fill. Pump runs, but no water comes in. I have reported it to dealer, and can get it looked at in spring, but any ideas? Maybe something simple? Same thing with Perfect Pass. Dealer says everything worked fine, and I am inclined to believe them, but the PP only "beeps", but will not come on. Bought in from a dealer far away, so it is not like I can just pop it over to them.

Thanks.

Sorry i can't help you on any of your questions,but i for one really enjoyed the football game!
    jy

Brian Raymond Guest

Default OSU let me down too.

Congrats on the new boat, your issues seem very curable, if your dealer can't help, contact; [email protected]. Let them know of your issues, and be sure to leave a call back phone number. Brian Raymond

Hey,

On my 2001 Mobius I have to be driving to get the fat sac pump to prime. I usually start filling as we are driving to the boarding location. I seem to remember I need to be going about 15 to 20 mhp to get it to prime. Once it is primed I can stop.

My throttle engages right away, just an adjustment I am guessing.
    Bruce Fuerstenberg

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...holy shit!...what a ride!

Default Ballast Bags can be a &%$

I have an '03 Mobius and had the same problems with my ballast bags. It is cured by doing as previous reply said get your boat up to about 20-25 miles per hour and they will start filling. Also make sure nothing is abstructing the intact (I had that happen as well.) You can also try flipping the switch on and off which helps get air out of the lines. One quick word of caution be careful runnings with the ballast tanks full until you get some hours on the boat, that is alot of weight to be dragging around during the break-in period. After that fill'em up and let it fly.

Default pump priming

On my 03 Mobius with front and rear ballast sometimes I have to burp the system by turning on the pump while moving forward . I don't have to do this everytime though , I haven't figured out what exactly causes this . After burped at the start of the day it doesn't need to be done again.
    Does anyone have more thoughts about this ?
    Your throttle situation sound like a mechanical adjustment is needed.
    Seeking Flatwater

When I first got my 02 Mobius my sacks would fill, but then they would empty on their own. Stupid me, I forgot to close the valve, and the water would run back out. The valve on mine is located under the front part of the engine. I hope your solution was as simple as mine.
    ________
    volcano vaporizer classic
    Last edited by batman1171; 01-19-2011 at 06:16 AM.

"Sorry i can't help you on any of your questions,but i for one really enjoyed the football game!"
    And I enjoyed the Rose Bowl! (-:

Back to the subject. Batman, you said you forgot to shut your valves. Obviously, living in the less than tropical state of Ohio, my boat is in storage, and have not been able to use it snce I made this post. But, for when the time comes, you have to open and close that valve every time? I have the buttons on my dash to do it, just like my bud on his Wakesetter. All he does is flip the buttons to fill/empty. I assumed this is all I would have to do as well. I did check to make sure it was open when I was having my initial problems, but didn't think I would have to do that every time I want to use the sacks?

OK ,you got me this time,but at least we were at the ROSE BOWL!
    jy

livindadream,
    I flip both switches to fill the front and rear bags. Once the bags are full, I have to close 1 valve to prevent the water from draining back out the line where the water is pumped in from. When I empty the sacks, I flip both switches to empty and it pumps out the water. I usually open the valve when I pull the plug after we are out of the water.
    ________
    Kawasaki ZZR600
    Last edited by batman1171; 01-19-2011 at 06:16 AM.