Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fay

MrsZ Guest

Default Fay

Dang it, I can not find the posts that were referencing Fay.....since they were about something else originally. I guess we are the last. We just lost power (using generator) and out pool is yucky already. Also, they drained the lake in preparation for any flooding, I guess.

What happened/is happening in Tallahasse?

how do you drain a lake, somebody just pull the plug? is it dry or just low. take a photo if possible.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

MrsZ Guest

Sorry, they drained it down some. It is not dry, just real low. That is what the dam is for. They let the water into the bay. I guess the Gulf can take it better than the inland lakes can.

Now we are in the eye of the storm. Was windy and rainy, but not too bad with either.The pool is now full of leaves, but they did restore our power last night. Transformer 3 houses down blew out the jack (fuse). Stupid tree limb was rubbing on the wires! Looking at radar the tail end looks worse as now it is over the Gulf and picking up more rain.

Deerpoint Lake was part of St. Andrews Bay which has 3 sections or arms, by building a dam across a section of North Bay that was fed by 3 large springs they created the Lake which now provides fresh water to PC. Most maps don't show this in clear detail and for years of coming down here to vacation I didn't know this either. But you can run down the dam and see the bay on the other side. The Lake is located on the map under the Bay County marking, it is created by dam which is also the road on the right of the 2 roads shown.
    http://maps.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTEx...596253&zoom=12
    Last edited by zegm; 08-23-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Fay update!
    We have been extremely lucky here in Panama City, seems we were the pivot point and stayed most of the time in the "eye of the storm" and dry. We only got a little rain and some drizzel yesterday but not enough to keep the kids inside. Now everyone East, North East and North of us took a pounding! Kaneboats are you OK? Jessie how bout you? Moomba97?

Right now the sun is shining outside.

ALOT of rain and pretty good wind at my house. I have my neighbors pine tree about 15 feet from my house! We are all safe though. Got to go get some fuel and bar oil for the chain saw.

Monty
    2001 Outback LS

" Son, I'm Captain Jack Sparrow "

Here in Alabama we had a LOT of wind on Friday. Stupid me took the day off and went to the lake! I had to try and get some sessions in before Fay made it up here. It has been extremely calm today. All we really saw was about 2 1/2 days of rain with out any really bad weather. I hope everyone esle fared as well as we have.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Jesse,

Which lake do you frequent? I've got a little place on Smith Lake in Arley.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Bombguy View Post
    Jesse,

Which lake do you frequent? I've got a little place on Smith Lake in Arley.

Neil
    My parents live on Lay lake and I have a dry storage slot there as well.
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

MrsZ Guest

JesseC, I didn't know you were in B'ham! Hows Vulcan now, a little cleaner? He's my fav statue! Zachary even has a little one in his room. He thinks his bum is funny too!