Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Abflyfish,

As Zegm said the LS is a solid crossover boat. Maybe op for the Gravity II which I believe is an LS only option. I think it puts an additional ballast in the ski locker, however not 100% certain (gravity I under rear seat approx.400lb). As far as space we have had 9 adults and 2 small children and all had seats and seemed comfortable.

On a different note we floated part of the south Fork of the Flathead river here in NW MT on Wednesday night the Cuts and Bows were hitting hard!!!

Kurt

We own an '07 Outback DD. I am the skier and as most of you know, Ian is the wakeboarder. We have the standard 400# bag.

I absolutely LOVE the wake for skiing, (although I am now on the temporarily injured list), and with the 400# setup, wakeboarding at 18-19 mph, Ian has improved immensely in a very short time. Our regular ski-buddy, who is a fantastic skier who owns an older Supreme, says this is the best wake he has ever skied behind, and he has skied behind a lot of tournament-type boats.

We are planning on upgrading with additional 400# weight, and I am sure it will be the best of both worlds and will keep both of us happy.

I don't think you could buy a better boat to satisfy BOTH skiers and wakeboarders than a DD Outback! This boat exceeds both of our expectations in all respects.

BA

Abflyfish,

Are you skiing a slalom course? If you enjoy that the DD is the only way to go. If not, buy the V-Drive. If you are an open water skier, the bump really won't matter and the usable room in the boat will be considerably more. The LS may be rated for 13 people, but if you you are using the ski pylon, you lose the room in the back of the boat anyway. With V-Drive you can ski, tube, wakeboard, surf, or anything else and still use the whole interior of the boat. My wife compains about the ski wake behind our Launch 21V, but she doesn't ski as much and me and the kids wakeboard and kneeboard. She loves the added room. My '05 Mobius LS was a great boat, except for the room when using the ski pylon, but I wouldn't trade anything for my 21V.

Dave

Hey KurtL,

I spent 8 days on the SF Flathead last year. We floated from the confluence to the gorge. Was an amazing trip. Do you spend anytime on Whitefish lake?

Thanks for all your help folks. Jury is still out for me......

Dylan

On Sunday I skied behind an 2007 OBV and the my Outback without taking off my ski. I noted a big difference in the wake at 15' off. It was enough to ensure that I stick with DD boats for the forseeable future.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    On Sunday I skied behind an 2007 OBV and the my Outback without taking off my ski. I noted a big difference in the wake at 15' off. It was enough to ensure that I stick with DD boats for the forseeable future.

Ok but .... (and keep in mind I think I prefer the handling, access to the motor, and versatility of DD) can you get a firm wake board wake thats kinda rampy from your DD without 5 ballast bags kicking around the floor ??

The debate rolls on, buy and outback and an XlV problem solved LOL
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Sled491 Guest

JV, that's what I've been preaching. You have 2, 3 maybe more cars, why not a couple boats?

ABflyfish,

What a great trip you took! Haven't been back into the Bob Marshall wilderness yet, hopefully soon. Yes, took the Moomba out on Whitefish Lake for the first time last Saturday. It seemed nice but really busy. We have a cabin at McGregor west of Kalispell so we spend most of our time out there.

Kurt