Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why did Moomba stop putting cupholders in DD Engine Boxes?

Last night we were at the MC dealer for a wakeboard winch event (very cool, btw) and I noticed that MC still does this. I really wish that my Outback had cupholders like this, or maybe even a seat like the Outback's used to have.

The Moomba big-wigs should bring this back, especially since the Outback DD only has 4 usable cupholders on the boats that use a bow filler cushion.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? I'm half temped to see if I can get the MasterCraft cupholder part and fashion it into my engine cover

Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 Outback V

Well you are giving up your DD boat, so your opinion doesn't count, LOL!!! Just kidden.

Even if it was an option, I would have ordered it. Then again if I could have gotten my boat with a closed bow I would have done that as well.
    2013 Outback V

Aww...you just don't like cleaning vinyl.
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

I could never figure out why the cup holders are back at the end since the rear seat is normally taken out so nobody is usually sitting back there. We use them to hold the Slime and sunglasses on the MC. I use the seat on my Outback all the time to get ready and for others to sit since my rear seat is out. I didn't know they took the engine seat out also. That was a unique feature of the Moomba.

I have a seat there instead. People sit on it all the time. What gets my goat is there is no driver's cupholder. I mean, what is the point of that? Please don't tell me that it's to discourage alcohol use. You could put a soda in there you know. Anyway, I made my own out of a pvc pipe fitting and a stainless steel coozie. Works great!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

no drivers cup hold on the moomba DD boats. My outback V has two, so i can double fist i guess LOL.. Reason to get a V drive, Way to go Ed welcome to the dark side.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Well since the LS and LSVs are so massive and can carry great amounts of cargo they give us drivers 2 cup holders as it can carry the extra weight! Or could it be that the boats are so great and can carry so many people that they know the driver will not get a chance to get another cold one as he is pulling one skier/boarder after another so they let him stock up on the refreshments. So if you need 2 cup holders for the driver maybe a glance at the LS/LSV is in order!

"Wow!" I didn't see the picture of the MasterCraft Cup Holders before I posted above. Now I know why they cost 15 to 20k more!!!!!! Brushed aluminum cup holders and NOT Cheap!!!!

Sled491 Guest

Hey my 07 Outback has a drivers cup holder and it's "Stainless", hmmmm. My buddies 06 has the rear engine box seat, to be honest I don't like it. I much prefer the new design introduced in 07.

I'm surprised at the lack of cup holders in my 08 OB. Every other inboard I have owned had cup holders in the engine cowl, and it was nice. There is a lot of wasted space on teh engine cowling that could be used: some boats have nets, some have cup holders. I am probably going to put one or two more cup holders on the deck by the "glove box" on the passenger side.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier