Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forgot to get back to you guys. Thank you so much for the advice. First, the folks from my company that got there before me went to Centro the first night. Some liked it and some didn't. The night I arrived we went to a reception with only minimal food. So my boss and I went to Racoon River afterward. It was a great casual atmosphere, decent food and a couple of pretty darn good beers. I liked it.

The second night we went out with a few people from our conference and tried Splash. A couple of us tried the deep fried lobster. Tell you what-- it was very good and I was impressed. Can't go wrong there. The corn was excellent too. The third and final night we did a big staff dinner at 801. We were all very satisfied and my large fillet was perfect. All the sides we shared were good and the wine list is excellent.

So you guys really steered me right. I got my corn-fed beef and had good seafood too. Got to try a microbrewery (my favorite pastime) and the people were fantastic. If you Iowa Moomba owners ever head down south you have a host to come visit. Thanks again!!!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

We're from the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area so we boat at the Coralville Reservoir. Like Saylorville, it's really busy on the weekends. We tend to ski/board in the evenings or early mornings.

There about 3 other Moombas in our local area and if you head up to North a bit you find a lot of Moombas on Lake Delhi (home of B&B Sports).

Ah Delhi, our family had a cabin there and I learned to ski when I was 6. The weekends were busy there in the 1960's where you usually skied in the morning or evening. Across from Freddy's beach on Junior's farm (not the Paul McCartney one).