Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LS Wake

MrsZ Guest

Default LS Wake

There is some controversy on the LS (not V) wake for skiing. I personally think it is HUGE! I am used to the wake of an old small very light 190. Any new boat would probably be big compared to that. Here is a shot of me flying over the scary wake!

Mrs Z,

Wake behind our LS really seems to decrease in height and soften at 29-31mph. This past weekend tried at 15' off at 32mph seems really nice. We're not great skiers though so not sure what ideal would be like. We are really happy with the LS for an all around boat.

Kurt

In my search for an all-purpose craft I'm very interested in responses with pictures to this thread. Half of my friends and family wake board and half ski. Some do both and I'd like to try barefooting.

MrsZ Guest

Eager, We ski, wakeboard and now surf. Originally we thought we wanted an Outback V cause you gotta LOVE that room in a V. But we took it for a test drive and man THAT wake was big...way bigger than our LS DD. I suggest that you test drive a DD and a V. If skiing is important then ski behind the boat too. That way you will know. I like our LS because there IS a lot of room, even though we share it with that awesome engine. I CAN ski through the course, I just have to re-learn how to ski with a bigger wake. Then we can fill the ballast and surf. And we can still walk around the boat.... Pretty cool.
    The Vs have WAY more room and make a bigger wake which is good... or not so good depending on your sport of choice. Test it out is the answer.
    Like Kaneboats said, there are many Moomba owners who will take you for a ride and let you see. Your dealer will too.

Check top speeds for V drives if you want to barefoot. Beginners tend to want to go faster, around 40 (depending on your weight). Of course you can use trainer shoes to lower the speed. Also, you will probably want a barefoot boom, which is difficult to find for V-drive boats. Just some thoughts that you may not have considered.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Thats true. I will need a boom because my kids are young and inexperienced on the water and learning to foot would be much tougher without it.

Anyone ever ski behind a 210 ?

[QUOTE=MrsZ;45089]There is some controversy on the LS (not V) wake for skiing. I personally think it is HUGE! I am used to the wake of an old small very light 190. Any new boat would probably be big compared to that. Here is a shot of me flying over the scary wake!

Did the same first time out Fill front ballast full Rear 1/2-3/4 full. Wake plate 3/4 to full down Then play with the speed I was skiing at 35mph Now 27 mph-29 mph wake is way flatter Thought I forgot how to cut through the wake first time out Now I LOVE IT. got the wake flattened out and WOW.
    Ski when the ice is gone stop when it returns.

MrsZ Guest

Aerophoto, Really??? You made the wake smaller with ballast? That amazes me!

Wow! I am a senior now!

Sled491 Guest

Alright enough now, I never called you old!

Eager,

Sorry no pictures. It's 58-65F degrees for a high last few days therefore no skiing. It will be labor day before next photo ops. Will try to post after Sept 1st.