Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Lady Skiing

MrsZ Guest

Default Old Lady Skiing

Here are a few pics of me at Sinclair. No course there so of course I got all 6 every time! Happy now zegm??

Right Side

Last Cut

One Tired Moomba Momma!

Not bad MRS. Z. Glad to see that you are in full force again. I mean after the surgery and everything. LOL
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Zach got some good shots of you!
    its MOOMBA time somewhere

Sled491 Guest

That last one is priceless LMAO! Great looking pic though, real solid form and position.

MrsZ, very impresive. Skiing for me is a distant memory that i really miss.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Mrs Z - Wow! That's great! And I know how you feel. Heart rate's up a few beats and it takes a few minutes to haul yourself into the boat. Keep up the good work. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

MrsZ Guest

Thank you guys. That last pic made me laugh too! I didn't know he took it!

Sled, where is my coaching? Are we going to have to drag you down here so you can ride in the boat and yell stuff at me like "Turn NOW!" and "PUUULLLL!"

Sled491 Guest

Freakin computer, I had this whole 3 paragraph answer for you and my computer lost connectivity. So here I go again.

Bottom line is that your form is fine. From a few still pics you can't see timing. There are a few refinements that are basically strength related. Your hands could be a little closer to your hips and tighter to the body, but really not that bad. Shoulders could be a bit more square to the boat, but again not too much. Body angulation is good head is looking forward at the ball not the water or your feet, all looks way better than your average recreational skiier, heck way better than Mrs Sled.

Problem is that we share ski time with the next generation of super stars, little Z and Miss Z. And we are willing to spend most of our rec time working with them because that becomes recreation for us. Your body reacts as it has been trained to by years of working on your form and muscle memory much like your TKD keeps you doing the right things at the right time. Problem is the strength that comes with pass after pass does not get there. I'm not near as strong as I used to be when I was a grunt in the field.

I think it's a form of fanity that keeps us trying to be the skiers we were a few years ago, thinking why can't I do this? Nothing has changed! But really time changes all. Plus skiing is way more difficult and physical to do well than any other water sport. I have a T shirt that I wear that says "If it were easy it would be called Wakeboarding".

"Shoulders could be a bit more square to the boat"

Sled - What does it mean to be square to the boat? - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

MrsZ Guest

Hmmm, I did just start getting those AARP pamplets in the mail lately....