Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Nice work Paul. We'll have to keep the whole post for posterity.

Edit: You can tell it's an election year when people are throwing words like that around.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Finally got my FAE installed and tested this weekend on my 07 LSV. First time out, the FAE came off of one of the ehaust outlets... but after some adjustments it stayed on good during outing #2. The jury is still out on whether or not it will continue to stay put...

Overall, I have been VERY HAPPY with the decrease in noise and toxic gases ... This is a great product that I would recommend to anyone. Be prepared, you will need a small level of handyness on the install. With that here are some notes from my install experience, hope it will help some of you:

I second Ed's suggestion to get the stainless bolts. I too had binding issues with the all thread. Buy a variety before you even begin! (i still need to switch mine out)

I ended up trimming the rubber sleeve on the FAE that attaches to the exhaust flange at an angle. This allowed it to sit flush again the flange...

Even though some say take off the wakeplate to give you more room to work, I woud leave it on and all the way up so you know exactly how much room you have (you dont want that wakeplate hitting the FAE like me on my firts try!)

Im sure some of you guys have shops with plasma cutters and all kinds of cool things to cut metal... but all I had to cut the allthread and stainless sleeves was a hack saw... (note to self on your FIRST trip to the hardware store before you begin installation... buy fresh new blades for your hacksaw!)

I used a Forstner drill bit to countersink the bolt in the swim platform... worked very nice and clean. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-forstner-bit.htm

now that the FAE is done.... i need to come up with a new project....
    Attached Images Attached Images