Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Its nice to see the windshield move closer to the bow. Now if we could just bring back the walk-over or create a small closed bow wake boat I'd really be excited.

Sled491 Guest

Is that the new official nick name the "Grey Whale"? It certianly looks much deeper than the Outback DD, especially in the stern. Looks like the whole cockpit has been moved forward as well. Doesn't look like the boat for me, but sure seems to have tickled Ed's fancy. Ed will you be the 1st to own one? The bank has lots of money Gidy up cowboy!

Smile

Thanks for the comparison pics, that is really neat.

Although I do think they look cool, I much prefer the looks of the (our) '08 Outback. It seems like nearly all of the companies are going toward a more conventional "regular" boat look.

I prefer my Ski/Wake boat to really look like a Ski/Wake boat. I know the higher freeboard may make for a more comfortable ride and maybe some more room, but I'd rather drive a Ferrari than a Station Wagon too! lol

BA

Station Wagon!!!???

Actually if the freeboard is scaled with the length the look the same (LS/LSV) but if the freeboard gets higher and the length is reduced then you get the new look. I think Moomba does the best job at keeping a simple but elegant look, one with clean lines. Their towers in my opinion are by far the best looking because of the clean simple lines. I don't need no stinking z-bars with big ole shiny plates that rotate and make funny sounds. Look at a Porsche 911, same simple but elegant body shape since the mid 60's. If it works stick with it and I think Moomba does this best!

Zeg is right about the lines and stoopid looking towers on other new boats. I havent liked anything from Bu in many years. Nauti has gone bad much more recently with their looks since about '05.