Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 08 and 09 Outback V side by side

So it is raining here in Texas and not being able to board resulted in the following. It is not perfect but I was wodering just how different the size and shape was of the new 09.

-McMoomba
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks as though they did more with less..

If you really look at the 1' measurement lines, the front is REAL close in size and the rear cockpit looks a bit longer.
    One diff is the nose of the 08 is longer, but you do not gain any interior space on that.
    Tower seems to be further back on 09..

Ed, Hope You find one under your Christmas Tree!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Grat seeing them side by side. I printed the pics out and it looks like the walkthrough look narrower on the '09. Could this be as the boat is overall wider? Also, I wonder how the bimini will cover with the tower being moved further back, maybe a larger overall covered area?

I just bought my OBV this summer, so I'm just looking under the tree for racks, tower speakers and a few other toys - but I can't wait to see the '09 live and check out the improvements.

I agree with the observations except there apears loss of bow seating which could hinder the comfort of the ladies with long legs...

McMomba

Quote Originally Posted by McMoomba View Post
    I agree with the observations except there apears loss of bow seating which could hinder the comfort of the ladies with long legs...

McMomba
    McMooba, probably the best observation yet as this can also impact the happiness of the driver.

Sled491 Guest

I also agree the bow seems smaller. But from the side, I wonder why the top cap is built taller? The overall depth of hull from the rub rail is different for sure, but not by much. However looking above the Rub rail you can see that interior depth would be increased by increasing the height of the top cap. I makes the boat seem meatier and not as slender and sexy giving the perception of a bigger boat.

Something I noticed as interesting is that the steering wheel barely moved at all.
    GO BIG OR GO HOME!

Here ya go Ed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V

Hopefully they didnt shorten the rear lockers any?? That wouldnt be very surf friendly.
    06 Outback V

The rear compartments actually look wider so it may allow for more weight....
    -McMoomba

2008 Outback V