Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba LSV - Thoughts and Opinions

I currently own a 2000 Mobius V but lately have been kicking around the idea of selling this winter and upgrading. Originally, I hate to say it but I thought about going Mastercraft, an older X-Star or 205V but after being in an '01 X-Star there just isn't enough room in the boat for what I need. I love the roominess of my Mobius V!

Anyway, I was up in Kansas City last week and stopped by the local Moomba/Supra dealer and had a chance to see a 2008 LSV in person...all I can say is WOW! It was gorgeous inside and out, great vinyl, fit and finish, dash, etc. So that got me off of the MC kick I was on and now I'm really thinking about an '06 or '07 LSV.

I'm sure everybody on here loves their LSVs but just looking for some feedback regarding: wake, wakesurf wake, engine options, ballast, roominess, overall performance, etc. and any other things you wanna chime in on. And post up pics of your LSVs!

2008 Lsv.. Love It!!
    SUNSHINE DAYDREAMS!!
    2008 LSV
    Wetsounds 3-some on tower. Wetsounds in boat. Wetsounds XS12 Sub. Green LEDs interior.

I absolutely love mine and wouldn't change it for anything! And my wife would kill me if i did!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

It's tough to beat the LSV. I've got an 07 and we absolutely love the boat. It handles great, throws a killer surf and wakeboard wake. I had 10 people in mine this past saturday and never felt cramped or had anyone in the way. I was also running about 1500lbs of ballast. The boat jumps right out the hole and you can't even feel the weight. It has the 325hp motor with the wakeboard upgraded prop. Test drive one and you will like it even more.

How is the surf wake on the starboard (goofy) side?

Quote Originally Posted by bradenb12 View Post
    How is the surf wake on the starboard (goofy) side?

that's for goofballs, I stay away from them haha

can't say as i've never tried, but it's real nice on the port side especially with a 750 stuffed in there!
    2007 Mobius LSV

Braden
    06 :LSV
    Goofy side surf seems a little better on my.. driver weight seems to help a little!
    If you get an 06, try to get one with 325HP EFI engine over 310...I have had both, and Had NO problems with 310 Carb, but 325 is easier if you get one without Perf Pass and need to add., plus cranking is a breeze on EFI...no throttle priming, etc.
    06 LSV's came with 275 lb fat sacs in rear on Grav III ballast. 07 08 come with 400 lb sacs. To surf, you'll want a 750. If you have 400's, you can buy 1 750 and put the quick disconnect fittings on it and easily swap for surf..

The LSV loves more weight in the bow for wakeboarding.. fill the rear 400's and put a little people weight up front and it is super.

06 -newer LSV's have beefier towers..

Ditto the ROOMIER comments! i had 04 outback prior and loved it, but space is awesome in this boat..
    By the way, saw the pics of your Mob V on wakeworld.. GREAT looking ride.. looks clean!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

04OUTBACK,
    Thanks for the compliment on my boat! Yeah, my Mob V has the 330HP MPI Assault, it's quite a hoss! I wouldn't go with a carb motor after having EFI. The towers on the '06 and up LSV and XLV look much better than the older rad-a-cage. I did notice they changed the drivers seat in '07, looks a little nicer. Is the vinyl the same from '06 to '07? I'm guessing the only main thing they changed in '08 was the dash/cockpit?

I do think the vinyl on the 06 and 07s are the same. And for 08, the only major update was the dash. The pre 06 LSVs are far different, it's a completely different hull. That hull was the Outback V from 06 to 08. It has changed for 09.