Default Why no ski locker?

I have an 07 Outback. I was curious as to why they don't have a ski locker in them. What's under the walkway in the front? The cooler only goes so far...seems like a waste of space. I would have loved to be able to plumb a sac into the ski locker. Anyone know why they went without one?

Quote Originally Posted by TL7 View Post
    I have an 07 Outback. I was curious as to why they don't have a ski locker in them. What's under the walkway in the front? The cooler only goes so far...seems like a waste of space. I would have loved to be able to plumb a sac into the ski locker. Anyone know why they went without one?
    That's kind of surprising. My Mobius LS has a ski locker up towards the front. Is yours an Outback V or Outback? I assume yours is a V. You'd figure the standard Outback had a ski locker since it's a certified towboat.

Sled491 Guest

The Outback does have a ski locker, it's in the back under the sun deck. Doesn't help for fat sacs though. It's my understanding that the Outback DD does not benifit from forward ballast due to its hull shape

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
    That's kind of surprising. My Mobius LS has a ski locker up towards the front. Is yours an Outback V or Outback? I assume yours is a V. You'd figure the standard Outback had a ski locker since it's a certified towboat.
    The Outback V does have a ski locker.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    The Outback V does have a ski locker.
    Cool. Maybe he was inquiring about a wet locker?

OUtback does like some forward weight for wakeboarding.. but more of a 65/35 balance (R/F)
    true..ski locker is in back..
    you could do something under the front seats..
    My best wake ever in my outback was a boat full of people with about 400-450 in people up front...
    and about 700-800 in people in main cockpit.. (no ballast bags full)

When I had a small crew, I filled a 400lb back under rear seat and a 275 in the walkway where you would have had the locker..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

the reason there isn't a ski locker in the floor is because there isn't enough room in the hull. It's not deep enough. You can fit the launch pad 150lb sacks under each front seat though.

Quote Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
    the reason there isn't a ski locker in the floor is because there isn't enough room in the hull. It's not deep enough. You can fit the launch pad 150lb sacks under each front seat though.
    I was under the impression the Outback and Outback V shared the same hull.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Sled491 Guest

DG, you would be mistaken. The Outback V has a deeper V in the bow, and I believe the cut backs in the mid section are different as well

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    DG, you would be mistaken. The Outback V has a deeper V in the bow, and I believe the cut backs in the mid section are different as well
    Learn something new every day.