Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry Wakesurfing Illegal!?

I was just reading how some Moron is citing people in Idaho for "negligent Operation" if they are wakesurfing? Here is the link http://www.klewtv.com/news/26012319.html .

That's funny because I was Wakesurfing at the Pallisades 2 weeks ago. I think its funny the sheriff tries to sound like he knows something about wakes surfing. My guess...he was picked on in high school and now wants people to "respect his authority"! Maybe he'll do like the Highway patrol did in Utah and bring out the taser gun.

Guess we're all rebels now. "When I fight authority, authority always . . .
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ive heard rumors here in minnesota that they are gonna make laws banning wakesurfing much like they did with the flying tubes last year.

Our local sheriff says that it is "technically not illeagle" now but with so many people wakesurfing or attempting to wake surf behind I/O and Outboard boats laws are needed against it.
    2007 Outback V

crap, all that work on geting the wakesurfing forum for notin'

Was that the sheriff from the dukes of harzard?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Rosco Peekotrane (not sure on the spelling). Anyway its alway gotta be the dumb people that ruin it for everyone else. I think they just need to make sure people with I/Os don't surf. On the other hand I guess we could look at it as survival of the fittest. Let the dumb kill themselves so we can have more lake to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by gallen70 View Post
    Rosco Peekotrane (not sure on the spelling). Anyway its alway gotta be the dumb people that ruin it for everyone else. I think they just need to make sure people with I/Os don't surf. On the other hand I guess we could look at it as survival of the fittest. Let the dumb kill themselves so we can have more lake to ourselves.
    That was my exact response

I wont be quiting surfing even if it is illegal, cause its not illegal till you get caught
    2007 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by gallen70 View Post
    I was also about to post about the same thing. If we have less dump people in the world because the government would stop making laws to protect people from being stupid we would win both ways. Less laws and less dump people. Ooo did i just say that out loud?

Sled491 Guest

The local Po Po are on our lake every saturday and sunday afternoon. I just waiting for them to stop us as we are the only ones currently surfing on our lake. But a law banning wakesurfing behind IO's wouldn't be all bad.

never had an issue down in Boise Idaho. some renegade that thinks he knows what's best for all of us.
    lots of money up in that neck of the woods. all it'll take is one lawyer or a relative of one to challenge him and it will be all over.
    someone should take the judge surfing and then let him rule on the legaity of wakesurfing

I have heard that surfing is a problem because you are not totally being towed once you let go of the rope and are no longer considered a passenger of the boat or some kind of lingo like that, difference being that when your wakeboarding/sking/tubing you always have a connection to the boat through the line.

Personally I don't think it makes great sence because your 5 feet behind the boat and if you fall its the same as falling in any other sport, but that is just what i have heard and wanted to pass it along