Default Wakesurfing LSV stock ballast

This is behind a 07 LSV with all stock ballast full,4 adults including driver,wakeplate at 1/3rd up.Riding a older Hyperlite landlock,I will be adding more weight soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW-vOdMoJOc

Damn that guy is really good at surfing!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Sled491 Guest

Very cool, I'm guessing the rider has some ocean board experience?

Awesome riding.

Aren't you supposed to only load the ballast on the side of the boat the rider is on for surfing ??

Quote Originally Posted by sled491 View Post
    Very cool, I'm guessing the rider has some ocean board experience?
    I grew up surfing every day,My high school had a surf team!
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGER_BEAVER View Post
    Awesome riding.

Aren't you supposed to only load the ballast on the side of the boat the rider is on for surfing ??
    Yeah but with only the stock bags it wasn't enough weight for a decent wave.So I just kept messing with it until I was able to surf with no rope.

Default Ballast issue 08' LSV

I have stock Ballast III in my boat. I cannot get a good size wake, good enough to really shred on my board. I tried it with one bag full on the surf side. all three bags full, trim all the way up and down, different speeds but I still cannot get a large enough wake. Other than upgraded my ballast any ideas???

Mattsmoomba, no other ideas other than upgrade with one flyhigh 750lb bag with the quick fittings. fill that on your surfside and front bag, wake plate 3/4 up and 10.5mph and hold on you will be surfing a good wave. also make sure the water is at least 10 feet or deeper.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by mattsmoomba View Post
    I have stock Ballast III in my boat. I cannot get a good size wake, good enough to really shred on my board. I tried it with one bag full on the surf side. all three bags full, trim all the way up and down, different speeds but I still cannot get a large enough wake. Other than upgraded my ballast any ideas???
    you have to add more weight to the rear corner you are surfing. empty the other bags as they will just counteract the weight you're putting in the corner you want. sinking the back of the boat will make your wave bigger. adding weight to the front will make the wave a little longer but less tall.
    bottom line, when you think you have alot of weight in the corner, add some more! start ordering bags. jason from wakemakers.com is on here, he'll help you out.
    Lake Tahoe slaysh / Shred Stixx flo team