Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No USED Moombas available ???

With having done a ton of research on buying an inboard, with the main focus on Nautiques ... Im wondering why there are so few Moomba boats for sale used.

It seems the Nautique owners seem to flip almost new boats every year. Is that because they're so rich that losing money doesnt matter as much as having the latest and greatest? Or is it because parts are stupidly expensive for repairs? I know they run that reverse rotation so stock parts don't work on their boats. That can't help cost.

Malibu has gone crazy with their styles and colours and they just don't suite my eye.

Supra is almost as expensive as Nautique and I prefer N styling over Supra.

Which all brings me back to Moomba. But they aren't many used ones available. Were there that many less new units sold or are you guys just hangin on to them ???

We sold our old one to good friends cause they couldn't find one either. Then we got a new one!
    its MOOMBA time somewhere

Still pleased beyond belief with my 02 LSV. I can wakesurf, wakeboard and ski behind this boat with NO complaints. Never had any trouble, just a wonderful experience with an absolutely wonderful boat. Mine will not be for sale any time soon....
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

Moomba is now ranked third is sales so there are many of them out there. And Moomba owners are for the most part middle class people who work hard for their money. So speaking for myself I am not interested in buying a status symbol I am buying a inboard ski boat that has to last me many years. And don't get me wrong, it is one that I am proud to own.

Zegm,

Well said!

I'll sell you an 07 Outback, so I can go buy an 09. It will be available Tuesday afterLabor Day.

Red and White, see pics in my profile.
    It is better barefoot!

They are out there but you might have to drive a little to get it. We drove 6 hours one way to get ours. It was worth the drive, we love the boat!
    I thought our last boat was our "last boat". Who am I kidding?

we like them too much to get rid of them
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV
    Stereo: Kenwood KMR-D562BT
    Ballast: 750 Surfside locker, 400 Surfside mid boat, 400 Gravity I, 400 Bow
    Surfboards: Inland Surfer Red Woody, Triple X Composite X 58"[/SIZE]

We bought our LSV in 2002 and couldn't imagine getting rid of it. Even if money was no object, it would still awfully tough to let her go...
    Dead dinosaurs keep me from paddling...

Quote Originally Posted by EAGER_BEAVER View Post
    With having done a ton of research on buying an inboard, with the main focus on Nautiques ... Im wondering why there are so few Moomba boats for sale used.

It seems the Nautique owners seem to flip almost new boats every year. Is that because they're so rich that losing money doesnt matter as much as having the latest and greatest? Or is it because parts are stupidly expensive for repairs? I know they run that reverse rotation so stock parts don't work on their boats. That can't help cost.

I think that there are a lot of Nautiques out there because people are in one of 2 situations. 1. They have paid off a Nautique and find they can trade in every year or two because the resell value is high and the trade difference is low. 2. They bought a boat with a huge payment and justify to themselves that they will never pay a boat off. Then they should just get a new one every 2 years but the payments only go up a little (relatively). Think of option 2 as leasing. Nautique is a quality boat and they have won JD Power quality awards for the past few years.

Most people buying a Moomba are looking at bang of the buck (and wondering why all other boats cost so much more) and for many this is their first inboard. The price on Moombas make them a more realistic purchase to the average person, so you don't feel like paying it off is out of reach (if you finance it).

Why has your main focus been on Nautique? If you are a skier, I think at least 2 other boats are better for slalom: If you are a boarder, I think there are many options with a similar or better wake for less money. I am not a fan of PCM or Mercuiser engines, so I am biased to Indmar; but that is a factor in considering a new boat.
    Last edited by maxpower220; 08-12-2008 at 02:34 PM.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier