Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Replacing EZ-Cruise with Perfect Pass

Can I install this myself or is this something that must be done at the dealer?

If so how much time would it take them to install it?
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

that all depends on your technical abilities, but my question is why? The EZ cruise works great and the PP would be a waste of $1000 IMO. Sure it has some nice features and a cool display, but the basic funtion is the exact same and doesn't work any better.

Quote Originally Posted by pickle311 View Post
    that all depends on your technical abilities, but my question is why? The EZ cruise works great and the PP would be a waste of $1000 IMO. Sure it has some nice features and a cool display, but the basic funtion is the exact same and doesn't work any better.
    Are you serious?

I have tried both and the difference is HUGE!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I hated my cruise. I love the PP. I got the stargazer system. It took all about 20/30 min to install. No problems with it at all.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    I hated my cruise. I love the PP. I got the stargazer system. It took all about 20/30 min to install. No problems with it at all.
    Great!

If you don't mind me asking. How much did you pay and where did you buy it from? I am sure its 2X the price to order it here in Canada.

I just installed PP/StarGazer 2 weeks ago on my own. It took about 1 hour. I have been very pleased with it as it is great for getting consistent times through a slalom course.

I don't think it's any more expensive for Canadians as Perfect Pass is a Canadian Company located in Nova Scotia

Enjoy.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

What's the difference? I typically run my LSV with 2500lbs + of ballast and it holds the speed perfectly. I have no complaints with the EZ cruise at all. I'm just wondering what I'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Are you serious?

I have tried both and the difference is HUGE!

I agree with Pickle.... I've had no problems, It holds just fine for wakeboarding, tubing, surfing, and recreational skiing. I've read more problems about PP here and on wakeworld. I can't see spending $1200 for a digital display with my name on it.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

I believe there are 2 big differences. One is that you can program a speed for a rider into PP, which makes it so you don't have to set it every run. It's like hitting the resume button on your car instead of having to hit the set button every time.

Also, PP runs off speed rather than RPM's like Moomba Cruise does. That especially makes a difference if you have to turn around at the end of a lake or if it's windy.

I'm also interested in the pricing of the PP Stargazer. It sounds like it's not too hard to install.

I have PP... so i can only address it. But it can run off speed or RPM for the record. Second the interface is not all that user friendly so having the ability to program multiple people not that important. my wife hates that part of it. she just adjusts who ever is on the screen to the desired speed between people changes... trust me plenty of time.

For 1100 dollars I would have put a button or two more to make navigation less complicated so you dont have to memorize buttom combinations.... lame if you ask me. Does it perform oh yeah. Is the interface weak... oh yeah! Oh and how about a color LCD!

So if you have easy cruise and it works... uh why fix it... uh if its not broken dont fix it? my 2 cents worth.