Thread: docking lights

Default docking lights

anyone know what size the replacement halogen bulb is for the in hull docking lights? I'm considering replacing mine with HID bulbs and ballast so that it will light up the night.

TYPE: MR16
    SIZE 50W 24 Degree
    Per manual

Love to hear if you find something brighter... pretty disappointed with mine,
    BUT, they work great for docking/loading boat on trailer.. i just was hoping for more of the car headlight thing...
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

cool, thanks. I never thought to look there, I'll let you know if I find an HID kit that will fit.

MrsZ Guest

Default Light Bar

We won this light bar at the Tampa Jamboree. I think that it is from DIYTower. It mounts right on our tower. It looks like it will help light up the night but I have not wired it yet, so don't know for sure. You may want to look at their website.

Im not sure what the laws are in your states guys, but in a lot of states it's illegal to run docking lights except for when you're docking. There was a discussion on wakeworld about it with some quoted states laws I believe. Just something to check into. I know here in Georgia ever pontoon on the lake has them on, haha so obviously the water po-po ain't so worried about it!!!
    Mark Miller
    2010 Moomba LSV
    2008 Moomba LSV - sold

I did find some MR16 HIDs but they are very expensive, $115 per bulb and they still need ballast. I'll keep on looking, there's got to be a source for them cheaper. Heck, I put a full HID kit on my motorcycle for less than $100.

Miller time, ditto on the pontoon boats up north as well. sometimes i feel as though i am driving on the backroads at night with all the headlights. LOL
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold