Default Sinclair Jamboree

How great are Moomba owners?

A few weeks ago, Mrs. Z posted that their family was heading to Lake Sinclair in GA to visit the GrandZegs. We have a house on the lake and so I sent a message to her that we should try and get together as our children are about the same age. Both Ginny and Mike sent back messages that they would like to try and get together.

Well, we found them last Saturday and had the best day on the lake. For those of you going to the Tampa Jamboree, I suggest that you track these people down and say Hello as they are great! Mike, Ginny and Eliza worked with my girls to get them up on skis (forget the trainers now!) and Zach got me up on a wakeboard. Mike gave me all kinds of pointers on my new boat. We got together again on Sunday to let the kids tube for a bit before they had to hit the road.

THANKS again to you guys! We can't tell you how much we appreciated your time and the new friendship. We're hoping to make this a regular summer event.

Below are a few pics from our fun on the lake. Enjoy . . .

Taylor on skis

Jordan on skis

kids on tube

wolfeman - 1st time up on a wakeboard
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 08-07-2008 at 10:58 PM.

WOOPS! I guess I didn't put in the URL's the right way. Hope you all can see the pics now . . .

kids tubing

Capt'n Jack
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 08-07-2008 at 10:53 PM.

Very cool Wolfeman! We're looking forward to meeting the Z's this weekend. Hopefully we can meet the Wolfeman family at the GA jam next year.
    its MOOMBA time somewhere

Wolfeman, any campgrounds around lake sinclair, allways on the look out for a new lake within a days drive that has camping and good water. on google maps the lake looks really nice.

should be meeting the Z family tomorrow-looking forward to it

thanks
    Stacy
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Stacy,

I think I remember seeing pics of your children on the board. Mine are always looking to meet new friends, so let me know when you're up for a trip to the lake and you all are welcome to stay at the house. It's nothing fancy, but we've got beds and a boat ramp right around the corner.

There are also some very nice campgrounds, but they fill up quick. I'll get you some more info. I think it would be awesome if you could pull some of the other FL folks up here with you. There is a nice condo complex just down the lake from me that has rentals available, boat ramps on site, volleyball courts, etc. Maybe we can plan an actual Sinclair Jamboree next year . . . I'll need some help from you and Ed with the prizes!

We will be at the GA Jam next year!

Ed, are you talking about boat camping?, where you load up the boat with all the camping stuff and go find a island?--I've done that a couple of times years ago, some of the best camping. Never been to lake George but you know me im willing to go.

Wolf, yes i would like to come up-pictures of the lake look good. Dont think it will be this year as my daughter is starting school on the 18th this month. Some of us are allready planing on going back to lanier next year for about 5 days camping--come on with us, its a blast.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Stacy, I'd be willing to go up on Tues of Jam week and go to Sinclair. We could pull up stops and just drop boats in on Lanier for the Jam on Sat. Then again, it's much closer for me so I'd be willing to take a separate trip up there -- or anywhere. We all love camping, especially Katelyn!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

If you all would like to camp out on an island there are 2 perfect ones on Sinclair. People camp there all the time as they have nicew sandy beaches. They're only about a 5 min boat ride from my house should anyone need to use the faclities, on the big water by the dam and right by some of the best coves for skiing and wakeboarding. Sinclair is an awesome lake, like Lanier wih a lot of private coves, but it's not as busy and no big boats to send waves over the bow.

My girls start school next Monday, so this weekend is sort of the last HOORAH, although we are normally in the water through October and don't pull the boat until Thanksgiving. I'll get some pics this weekend so you all can see more of this lake and we can get this planned early. The Z's can also tell you more about Sinclair as Mrs. Z pretty much grew up there during the summers.