Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 2000 Outback

Wow, that is a great looking boat. Please document the progress you make over the winter with the restoration (pics, lots of 'em).

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
    Wow, that is a great looking boat. Please document the progress you make over the winter with the restoration (pics, lots of 'em).

Thanks!! I will do my best to take lots of pics.

I think you are going to be very happy. Maybe we'll see you at the Atlanta Jamboree next year?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

There was a guy advertising back in Feb or March on Atlanta's Craigslist that he would do interiors or make covers, etc. You might want to check that out too.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I will check that out. That is how I found this boat was on the Atlanta Craigslist.

Question slightly different trailer

The trailer on my '02 Outback looks identical (Boatmate), but for the small "v-shaped" carpet bunk at the bow. I've been having extreme difficulties loading it and think that might help? I've had an I/O runabout for many years and I can launch and retrieve the darn thing in about 20 seconds (with winch not boat buddy) by myself.

I've tried loading with the fenders 1-2" out of the water and I can't get the boat all the way up the trailer (winching or powering). I've tried deeper, but that puts the bow roller way up the bow and it's hell winching the bow up to get the roller under the first "lip" on the hull (near the eyebolt). Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Chris_B; 08-10-2008 at 12:53 AM.

chris,
    similar troubles on steep ramps..
    put the trailer in with the water cover almost all the wheel wells of the trailer.
    Get the bow up to the roller, hook up the strap and lock it.....have someone pull the trailer out a bit until the bow comes up over the roller...stop them.. and crank the winch as they slowly back down..
    have had to do that on steep ramps when water levels were down.
    its awesome when you have a proper ramp! (RARE)
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Here are some pics of it in the water!

Can't put my finger on it but there's just something I like about that boat. Be sure to post some when you get the tower on. Be sure to get some help to get it sitting right -- BEFORE you drill!!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Awesome boat!!!! Congradulations!!!

About the trailer issue, I have owned 3 boats before this Moomba LS and I currently have a 25ft fishing boat. And yes this is the most finicky boat to get right while putting back on the trailer! Too deep and bow is under the roller and the rear is still floating. Too shallow and difficult to get up to the roller. I have also put it on partially and then pulled up on the ramp to get bow above the roller. Now this past Sunday I found the perfect ramp and we just drove it right on with the bow above the roller. And the weird thing is Kaneboats knew about this ramp as he used it in my presence but never told me about it????

Actually the weeds were we usually put in were so bad the ramps were closed and we were forced to go to this ramp. I think next time I will just go straight there!