Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

^^^^
    I ride with 2 friends. 1 is 07 X-30 and 08 X Star.. Both Fancier than my LSV.. no question..
    BUT, the fancies about those boats aren't necessary...
    Kinda like I drive a Tahoe... a Yukon Denali is nicer and so is an Escalade.
    I could not beat down either the X-30 or the XStar I have ridden in.. but, I like my payment better than theirs!
    If I were gonna upgrade today, I would probably go with Supra 21V or 22SSV

I hear lots of comments on wakeworld about...:"fit and finish" of other boats.
    I expect Quality with my Moomba.. I want it to look nice, but it does not have to have all the bling..

07-08 MCs have smart timers on their ballast pumps.. both guys I ride with have trouble with them cutting off...

As to the comment above about having to buy a much older CC to get in price range, I looked at a 99 SAN when I got my 04 Outback.. they were same price.. I had a hard time paying same for a 5 yr older boat..

They are all great boats (Malibu, MC, CC, Tige). But I think some of them have gotten out of hand in pricing. Even if money was not an issue, I would have trouble paying what some of the high end boats are commanding now..

Wife likes the LSV too much now anyway.. not an option.. She got mad last August when i sold the Outback after 1 year... told I better have her another boat by the next weekend.. Now, she says the LSV is not goin anywhere!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

SAN210 Team without a doubt! I like mine though!
    Gas money for the boat is never money wasted. Afterall, you can't take it with you!!! Spend it up and shred!!!!

Calabria Pro V

Quote Originally Posted by Moomba XLV GG 2007 View Post
    The only thing i found out in moomba which disappoint me is the finition. Just look the mastercraft x-45 or x-80 ))) you can see a major diference between the two boat. I know that moomba's are cheaper but anyway, i just wanted to have your opinions on that.

I would probably go with a mastercraft or supra if i had the money too!
    You must not have looked at the MC's very closely. When we were looking at boats we compared the Mastercraft Prostar 197 with our Outback and while the MC had more 'stuff' the fit and finish was not nearly as nice as the Outback, which suprised us imensely. Moomba/Supra interior construcion is second to none, every part and panel is hand fit to make sure they look great. The new MC's we looked at had more of an assembly line feel, which big gaps and crooked seams.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by SoTX View Post
    Calabria Pro V
    There are 2 Calabria boats on our lake, one white & yellow, and one red, black, and white. They are BADASS looking boats!
    2013 Outback V

Probably the supra if moomba did not exist, and tige or centurion if SC did not exist, Kinda like the Denali and the tahoe, we own one of each , talk about gas mileage issues, moomba plus these two beasts.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I have to say this is the oddest post I have read in 2 years....

Here is my reality. I live in a climate that is frigid cold from Oct to March as many of you live in... and I assume most of you make payments during those months... so even if money is not object its still in some way not all that practical to own and have sitting a 70k boat? yah it looks cool?

Here was another thing that really drove me to a moomba..... when I first got my 04 people around here said... Moomba... what the hell is that... I like obscurity... the not everyone has one type of item. when I say my boat is similiar to a malibu the lights come on... lol

For me personally.. If I can afford a supra the next time around I will go that way.. but I see XLV as my next boat in about 3 years just because it does sit in the winter so long and my kids will be getting bigger.

My choice...NOTHING!

I would just swim and paddle around on my tube. After that I would move to Tennessee and start a boat manufacturing company based on a very strange kangaroo and hire Larry to supply engines for them....wait...this wasn't very helpful was it???
    15 Mondo Surf Edition

02 LSV - Traded In

I would have to go with a MB Sports B52 or Tomcat, or a Supra or maybe a BU. Hmmm
    '99 Outback (Maroon/Creme) GM 350/Holley 4150
    550 HRS
    LaSalle-Peru, IL

I'd probably go with a Malibu Wakesetter, but first I'd cry and bitch and moan a little about not being able to get another LSV !!!
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.