Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Closed Toe Bindings?

I just got the LF Watson 138 and have my old pair of Alpha bindings on it right now but I'm thinking about buying a pair of closed toe's for it. Anyone use them and have any advice on their pro's and con's. The one thing I worry about is that I heard they fill with water pretty easily and considering I usually fall a few times a run and start in the water I don't want to have my bindings water logged while riding, I would think most of them have a good draining system but closed toe is new to me so just wanted to ask.

Thanks,

Joey

Close toed all the way! I love mine and would never go back......2008 Hyperlite Byerly Bindings on 2008 Premier.....absolutely love it. 2nd pr of closed toed i've had. No water logging and way better board control. Good for edging as well. Great for the winter!
    Gas money for the boat is never money wasted. Afterall, you can't take it with you!!! Spend it up and shred!!!!

2nd that!!! Absolutely closed toe all the way!!!

After 8 years of boarding with open toe Parks, Shanes, Zuesses, and Byerlys, this is my first year with the Ronix One boots on a Ronix Ibex 144. I can't praise each item enough! The comfort and response of a closed boot is insane. I'll never go back AND my wife and all three of my kids will get upgraded this Christmas! I've never felt waterlogged, probably due to the excellent fit... no air space = no room for water.

You won't be sorry.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion.

Yep..
    Better heel/toe control. and no water loggin!
    I have 07 Hyperlite Murrays..
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I was also wondering about them! Great feedback! Thanks

Thumbs up

i have 2 pairs of closed toe bindings - 2006 hyperlite 3ds & 2007 lf shanes. the shanes are by far the best bindings i have ever ridden. the lace cinches stay secure, they are super comfy and easy on the knees when landing jumps out in the flats. i would never buy anything else for my regular use. the 3ds' aren't bad, but if you fall and get your feet pulled out, it hurts like a son of a gun.

I have the 07 shane bindings and I absolutely love them. Great feel and performance. Wont ever go back to open toe.
    SUNSHINE DAYDREAMS!!
    2008 LSV
    Wetsounds 3-some on tower. Wetsounds in boat. Wetsounds XS12 Sub. Green LEDs interior.

I've got the 07 Watson CT. I started with the Gator Fleetwood, then went to LF Sphynx, and now am using the Watson's and i cannot believe how much better they are and how much they've improved my riding. The control and feel are amazing.

Default closed toe

I have Ronix cells and they are really nice. and ride an Obrien Valahalla Board. Only downside is your buds can't use your ride unless they have similar foot size.

My riding has improved big time with the closed toe boots and they are warm in May and October.

08 Ronix Cells. Awesome boots. They are kinda stiff so it feels like snowboarding, but they sure give great control of the board. Very light as well. I will never go back to open toe.