Thread: Prop size?

Default Prop size?

I have the upgrade 4 blade on my boat. I think......atleast that's what the dealer says. Whats all this talk about acme bein a better prop. If so how can i tell if i have it? I mean it should say it? Whats a better pitch for pullin 3 tanks an extra 700 sack and people? Suggestions......Gas mileage better maybe.
    ________
    how to make a vaporizer
    Last edited by jetpilot; 01-26-2011 at 04:14 AM.

I don't know that the ACME is better than the OJ and I'm sure some will tell you they prefer the OJ. However, my 08 OBV had the upgraded prop which was the OJ and I had extra vibration and noise after 12 - 15 hours. Thought it might just be me being a newbie and that was the way the boat was supposed to run, but when the dealer did the 20hr service, they changed over to the ACME. The issues were resolved and the dealer told me this appears to be a common issue with this boat/prop setup.

I looked the new prop over and found ACME, the prop size (sorry, can't remember exactly what that said) and 1361 (I think) stamped around the hole the shaft runs through. I don't remember seeing markings on the OJ, but know I didn't look at it as closely.

If you load all that ballast and people in your boat, the only thing I can think of that might help your gas mileage would be a sail! Like you say, "Spend it up and shred!!!"

Get the ACME 14"x14.25 prop. It made a big difference in the hole shot with all 3 bags filled and people in the boat.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

i think that's what it already has. i'll check tonight. thanks 4 everyones help. How much is the acme? How much is the four blade i have if its not? Should i contact my dealer about it under warranty?
    Gas money for the boat is never money wasted. Afterall, you can't take it with you!!! Spend it up and shred!!!!